De La hoya vs Mayorga

Mofo2

I looked at the build up to this a few days back and I had forgot how much of an Arse Mayorga was in the prefight press conferences; pleasing result in the end this one for me!

• Mofo2 changed the title to De La hoya vs Mayorga

Well he was a character indeed, The smoking in the ring during interviews says it all. I've read that he a drunk now and at time homeless and down and out.

Former world champion Ricardo Mayorga is currently in need of help, help he is going to get, thanks in large part to fellow former champ Rosendo Alvarez. Alvarez has posted a video on social media and in it a clearly ill Mayorga, who has lost a good deal of weight, verbally agrees to enter rehab in an effort at kicking his drugs and alcohol problems.

There have been troubling reports coming out of Nicaragua for some months now, with people coming forward to say they have seen 46-year-old Mayorga staggering around the streets, looking for all the world like a homeless person. Mayorga has reportedly squandered the millions of dollars he earned during his ring career when he fought big names such as Oscar De La Hoya, Vernon Forrest, Sugar Shane Mosley and Felix Trinidad. Mayorga was hospitalized earlier this year when he was assaulted by a gang of men who beat him up. It’s not known if this incident was drug-related.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, GRIM said:

Well he was a character indeed, The smoking in the ring during interviews says it all. I've read that he a drunk now and at time homeless and down and out.

Former world champion Ricardo Mayorga is currently in need of help, help he is going to get, thanks in large part to fellow former champ Rosendo Alvarez. Alvarez has posted a video on social media and in it a clearly ill Mayorga, who has lost a good deal of weight, verbally agrees to enter rehab in an effort at kicking his drugs and alcohol problems.

There have been troubling reports coming out of Nicaragua for some months now, with people coming forward to say they have seen 46-year-old Mayorga staggering around the streets, looking for all the world like a homeless person. Mayorga has reportedly squandered the millions of dollars he earned during his ring career when he fought big names such as Oscar De La Hoya, Vernon Forrest, Sugar Shane Mosley and Felix Trinidad. Mayorga was hospitalized earlier this year when he was assaulted by a gang of men who beat him up. It’s not known if this incident was drug-related.

Its hard to have pity for someone who wastes their life and the vast sums of money they have earned through drink or drugs, its a damned shame though!