Less than a million buys for Mayweather-Guerrero?

blackrican23

Rumors  flying that Saturday’s Mayweather-Guerrero fight is projected to have less than one million buys, which would translate to a big financial loss for Showtime with Floyd’s astronomical 30 million+ guarantee. Often when a PPV bombs no official numbers are released, so we’ll see if Showtime issues a press release. In the meantime, Showtime Sports executive vice president and general manager Stephen Espinoza and Showtime Sports Vice President Communications Chris DeBlasio have been hitting the twittersphere to do spin control while neither confirming or denying.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/less-than-a-million-buys-for-mayweather-guerrero-194956

• WBF OG

guerrero is a nobody. when mayweather jr fought ortiz the ticket sales were equally slow and that card only did over a million because it had morales on the undercard

• WBF OG

apparently, when mayweather sells lots o' ppv's, the fans are paying to see his opponents.  i know i did in the past.

• WBF OG

thats why i kept asking you how well a ppv would do if he fought either bradley, alexander, or the now retired corey spinks. 

100,000 in sales?

• WBF OG

i know some of you are happy floyd has his guaranteed paper, but at what cost?  oh yeah, less boxing programming on showtime to make up for the loss.

yay!!!!

• WBF OG

calling it now....floyd will get the winner of the maidana/josesito fight.