Burns v Gonzalez Result

Mofo2

Ricky Burns kept his minor WBO lightweight belt when unbeaten challenger Jose Gonzalez of Puerto Rico retired after the ninth round on Saturday. Gonzalez, the winner of 22 fights, 17 by knockout, stayed on his stool because of a suspected broken wrist. ''I knew the rounds were close. The judges had me behind,'' Burns said. ''I couldn't believe how awkward he is. I take my hat off to him, he is a class, class opponent. He's very hard to hit.''

Ricky was getting battered RD, even the later rounds he won against a man with a broken hand werent convincing, he needs to stay away from Broner!

I just watched it and after reading descriptions as " clinic" and "battering" I expected something totally different.

Gonzales counterpunched from range very effectively , especially to the body, Burns kept coming forward through out, decent enuff of a fight

Coming forward doesn't mean much when you are missing with much more than you are landing....clinic and battering sum the fight up perfectly, let's face it even the 8th and 9th rounds that Ricky won, he never dominated!

funny how one sees a battering depending on the level of dislike or like ,

where the fighter A) gets dropped  or B) is wobbled multiple times to where he has to grab and clinch to remain up right , yeah that's a battering , but described for a fighter of liking , then its "proving ones chin"

in this fight being fought at range  best punches were to the body  , aside from maybe one shot in the 7th round that might have wobbled Burns, it was more chess match then brawl

I don't dislike Ricky in the slightest he is a humble respectful guy, there is nothing what so ever to dislike....however he was peppered all over the place and was made to miss constantly whilst being hit with some massive shots, there is not another word to use other than battered, he quite wimpy was, he was seven rounds to 2 down!

Watch the fight and not just highlights, Ricky was schooled that ain't even debatable, he barely landed a punch for 6 rounds and the 7th he was a punchbag!

I stated I WATCHED the fight , the fuk highlights gotta do with the mans face?

burns was losing the fight , that's not even disputable , but no battering , not even close

I stated I WATCHED the fight , the fuk highlights gotta do with the mans face?

burns was losing the fight , that's not even disputable , but no battering , not even close

Wtf has a cut up face got o do with being battered???? He was landed on at will and just because he hasn't a fucked up swollen face it doesn't mean he wasn't, so as I say watch the fight and you will see what I'm on about...not just the highlights!

He never rallied for a stoppage, he edged 8/9 and saw his opponent forced out with injury to his hand, I was surprised how ordinary he was made to look....when plan A failed he reverted to plan A

• Members

Aye, he sure proved it to the world by quitting on his stool... :facepalm

Chelo  :madlol    :rofl   :crackup

Never seen fandom so extreme as this before...

• Members

Ricky aint hurt, he has no marks on his face !?!?!?!? , just because this guy ran and went on the back foot you are all praising him !?!?   Roma Martinez,  Michael Katsisdis amongst others got theirs....  :yess   this guy tried to step back and not engage but still got hurt and still quit like a bitch on his stool !!!!!

End of story guys and gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :pms

There are millions of guys 'ahead' on score cards who get KO'd, but the most embarrassing of the lot are the ones that QUIT on their stool....  :facepalm

Just bloody face the truth already-your boy got exposed, BAD!:stir Ain't no other way to look at it, realistically.:wave

exposed as what? surely nobody gave him a shot vs broner

I mean Vasquez fights nothing like this guy , so exposed as what?

• Members

As not good enough to be considered for fights against Boner, thats what. Or anyone like him.

guess we will see how crafty he is then

if that wasn't flat out running against Gesta then what do you call it?

Vasquez  is as easy work for broner as is burns .

honestly what does kim do but take beatings? steve's cousin just played catchers mitt a couple Fridays ago , Kim is not some impressive name on ones resume

Ricky has talked about himself in the same breath as Broner and had full confidence going into any proposed fight with Vasquez before he about turned and walked from the fight. Ricky struggled to make even the slightest impact in the fight, he has exposed himself as an average fighter I guess...no more no less!

As for no one gave him a chance vs Broner....all his fans are RD clones ffs he would beat Ward according to them!!