Isaac Chilemba has revealed how illness almost made him quit

Mofo2

Isaac Chilemba has revealed how illness almost made him quit during his draw with Tony Bellew, but he plans to win the return bout in dominant fashion.

Carl Froch's clash with Mikkel Kessler is not the only rematch at the 02 Arena as Chilemba and Bellew will also battle again in London, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

"I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move my body, I couldn't do what I wanted to do."
Isaac Chilemba
The rivals have unfinished business to settle after they fought to a draw in March with Chilemba offering little in the early rounds before taking command in the latter stages.

Chilemba insists his lopsided display was due to sickness and he even considered pulling out as he struggled to keep Bellew at bay.

"From round five, that's when I could breathe," he told skysports.com. "The first two rounds were the worst, I almost told my trainer to stop the fight.

"I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move my body, I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

"But I just told myself, you've got yourself into this and you can do it and I felt myself getting stronger and stronger. From there I just got over the breathing and the pain that I had on my chest. I felt better and I was happy that I went through 12 rounds."

Controversy

The Malawian is still frustrated with the result of the first fight, believing he did more than enough to get the verdict from the judges.

But a fully-fit Chilemba feels he could halt Bellew as he is determined to clear up any controversy surrounding the first fight.

"This is my time to show the world who the real Isaac Chilemba is. I don't think it was fair, I believe I won the fight," he said.

"I believe I got eight rounds out of that fight. That was then and this is now. This time I'm going to take every round.

"I'm not the kind of guy who looks for a knockout. The way I feel this time, I would be very surprised if he goes for 12 rounds."

Chilemba's trainer, the well-respected Buddy McGirt, admits his fighter was unsettled by Bellew's hometown crowd in Liverpool as well as illness.

But the American is confident that Chilemba can carry on where he left off.

"The first fight, not only just the flu, the fact was he was caught up in the crowd. He was giving away early rounds, trying to be a macho man, not really paying attention to what we're supposed to do," said McGirt.

"After the fifth round I had to yell at him in the corner. We're not here for this mess, we're here to win this fight and handle our business. He snapped out of it in the fifth round and by the sixth round of the fight it was a different story.

"I think the fact that he's healthy will be a big difference in the fight."

Source:Sky Sports

:tdown  excuses

moved plenty good by my eye only his hands were affected by his bootyhole tighting up , as he admitted the first few rounds .  he fought tight early very true the rest :duh

• Members

It did look like his movement was limited, wondered why...good to know this time he's gonna whoop Bellew's ugly ass!:cheah

• Members

Bellew will up his work rate and use his jab more effectively this time around...he boxes to a UD

And then you wake up.:D

• Members

Hehe :D

Really, you gonna gloat on THIS?? Bellew only won because Chilemba didn't do shit the first 6 rounds. You are really getting pathetic...

Slayer your logic is fucking retatrded, Bellew won the first half of the fight clearly and the second half of he fight he merely won....this fight wasn't even close, Bellew dealt with a man who wanted to spoil and counter and he failed in it miserably because Bomber worked harder and had more hunger to win the fight, the fight wasn't pretty but it was never going to be given one man wanted to steal the fight and spent a lot of the time holding!

• Members

Whatever-it doesn't change the fact that Bellew is a CUNT, a classless wanker and he proved it again in his comments after the fight, telling people to stick it up their you know what.:pms What a loser...

• Members

He was specifically aiming that at cocksuckers like yourself who give him no credit :wave

No we don't and never will, with good reason!:stir

You gotta be taking the piss, Bellew beat a ranked fighter that simply came along to spoil his way through...give Bellew an opponent that will at least mix it up even if he doesn't come to trade and you will see his true ability...he continues to be underrated and doesn't receive credit!

• Members

all he did vs Chilemba was throw shots that hardly ever landed, dismiss the sky commentary and the very stupid punch stats they provided and the second fight was just as close as the first, you can blow the trumpet of your hometown fighter all you like, the fact is he had the fight of his life vs Cleverly and will be shown up in his next fight if it is against a decent top ten fighter

Very much so, I agree 100%.:tup Give Bellew a truly difficult opponent who is a force at LHW, which Chilemba NEVER was and you'll see how much he's worth-not much.

Very much so, I agree 100%.:tup Give Bellew a truly difficult opponent who is a force at LHW, which Chilemba NEVER was and you'll see how much he's worth-not much.

You claimed for weeks Chilemba was gonna kick Bellews Ass :wave

all he did vs Chilemba was throw shots that hardly ever landed, dismiss the sky commentary and the very stupid punch stats they provided and the second fight was just as close as the first, you can blow the trumpet of your hometown fighter all you like, the fact is he had the fight of his life vs Cleverly and will be shown up in his next fight if it is against a decent top ten fighter

If you believe it was the fight of his life vs Cleverley then you obviously believe he fought well against Nathan??? The same Nathan that half of the world seem to think is quality and the other half think is shite!!!

Bellew ain't everyone's cup of tea, but the lad works hard in his fights and turns up to fight, Chilemba was a spoiler that Cleverley would equally have struggled to break down, however the volume of missed shots from Tony dramatically decreased from the first fight and he landed a much greater number of scoring shots especially when he employed the jab...he was never going to look good against a man intent on holding and trying to score on the break, I don't believe anyone would!

• Members

You claimed for weeks Chilemba was gonna kick Bellews Ass :wave

Never said he would kick his ass, just school him. And Chilemba proved to be overated or just not in a good shape. No wonder, when he has to come all the way from Africa to rainy England...

Never said he would kick his ass, just school him. And Chilemba proved to be overated or just not in a good shape. No wonder, when he has to come all the way from Africa to rainy England...

you do realise kick his ass and school him mean the same thing dont you....nice attempt at back tracking though :D

• Members

you do realise kick his ass and school him mean the same thing dont you....nice attempt at back tracking though :D

Like hell it does! Schooling means just outboxing someone and kicking someone's ass...well you know.