"Poll "Most insignificant world champion?

GRIM

Who is the most insignificant boxing world champion.?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Andre Ward

What's the purpose of this poll?

How many champions have cleaned out their division like Ward has? Hardly insignificant

Well well I knew this would be the outcome, so here is whats up. You blokes put a lot on the money factor, peep the Mayweather VS Guerrero thread about the low PPV numbers. I am more about the what goes on in the ring kind of boxing fan and lover. So taking all that in mind, here is this guy Ward who is champion and supposed to cleared out the division.

"But" if you look at him from a numerical point of view which you blokes seem to factor in now of these days Ward is "0" he does not bring or control mad money and PPV. heck he is not even known to the average casual boxing fan. So yeah the poll was rigged against him greatly but in reality it is what it is.

Ward's is not significant as a champion unless he does some major marketing and an over haul of himself.

Ward hasn't a World title and handed back his Champion Emiritus title I believe.....so is this thread much more misleading than the two choices given I wonder :coffee

• Members

I'd say...Nathan Cleverly. Even tho i don't really have nothing personal against him, his level of competition has been ABISMAL.

Froch acting like he lost because he fought in the US , he was beaten so easily he cant hide behind that lie. And Ward did it with one hand

Lets be clear here , Ward is WBA Champion and Ring belt champ and does hold all the cards and will beat the Froch again .

Ward made a million to batter Froch and made 1.5 mil to batter Dawson he needs no make over as this thread was created about paydays I think

Froch acting like he lost because he fought in the US 

Pfttttttttttt if the fight occurred on the moon the outcome would have been the same.

Pfttttttttttt if the fight occurred on the moon the outcome would have been the same.

no wait now its the ref , haven't we heard that before :chin

and Cortez wasn't even in the building