David Price eyeing redemption against Tony Thompson

Mofo2

Liverpool heavyweight David Price is out for revenge over Tony Thompson after admitting his defeat to the American earlier this year gave him sleepless nights and dented his confidence.

Price suffered his first loss in 16 professional bouts after being floored by a right hook to the side of the head from the 41-year-old in the second round of their February fight.

He immediately asked for a re-match and the pair will meet again at the same venue, Liverpool’s ECHO Arena, on July 6 – Price’s 30th birthday.

But it will be a different Price who enters the ring on that night.

“It did shake me up and I was gutted. I put a brave face on and tried my best not to feel sorry for myself,†he said.

“It is human nature: if you have a setback it is going to affect your confidence but it is how you overcome it.

“I didn’t shed a tear but I was trying to keep myself busy and my mind occupied, doing anything I could to not think about it. But when I went to bed at night I was just laying there thinking about it non-stop.

“I still think about it now but nowhere near as much because I can’t look back.

“This fight is going to define my career in terms of how I come back from such a devastating defeat.

“When I win this re-match it will make people sit up and take notice over how I’ve responded in adversity and that is going to prove I am going on to become a great heavyweight.

“Without bad times you wouldn’t know good times – it was a bad time but it will make victory on July 6 the best feeling ever. I do believe I am going to redeem myself.â€

• Members

Yep, David wins this time, no doubt! He just got caught at the worst spot while on the wrong leg. He was in process of busting up Thompson before that.

he was hit with a shot to the ear that looks to have taken his legs , I don't think its his chin. but I haven't watched him much has he been dropped before?

Price needs to have his head on this, he seriously fucked up in the first fight and there is No room for another defeat!

yeah, thats what happens when your chinny, he gets rocked with head gear and big fuck off gloves on :D

Still haven't worked out how you can be Chinny when you are punched on the temple....enlighten me :coffee

chinny is a term for low punch resistance Mofo, as you well know. Now watch some footage of Price in the ams, he gets rocked a lot by clubbing shots that dont land on the chin, which in fact is worse, because he is getting rocked even though they are not landing on the chin. that to me says his punch resistance is not that good. add that he fights at hw with the most powerful guys in the world and thats a major fucking flaw, Chinny as fuck Pricey ;)

Being put over when struck on a pressure point most definitely ain't evidence to prove Price is Chinny :wave

video evidence, and scientific evidence suggests that your talking shit again :wave

Video evidence of him as a young fighter and scientific evidence, are you on the beer tonight WTF :pms

you have a thing for chinny fighters mofo, smh

chinny is probably the easiest throw away line to use over a fighter, I tend to look at things a little more logically and being in the hit and hurt business these guys are going to get caught and landed on but that doesn't necessarily mean a fighter has no punch resistance!

your manloves (Price and Khan) are easy to drop, thats a fact. Think the big difference between the two is Price isn't a big headed little dickhead who thinks he's a superstar, and will have, and show more willingness to take on what other people have to say and work on strategies to cover his flaws. Khan will always be a twat

Khan has done what he said he would and that is to win World Titles :wave you do know opinion based on hate isn't logical therefore cannot be reasoned with as there is no common sense to it....as I say Chinny is probably the easiest throw away line...it's lazy :coffee

i don't hate Khan, i'm realistic in what he is, same as Price and thats chinny  :coffee

Reason just ain't there...it's all to easy a word to use :cheah

chinny is a term for low punch resistance Mofo, as you well know. Now watch some footage of Price in the ams, he gets rocked a lot by clubbing shots that dont land on the chin, which in fact is worse, because he is getting rocked even though they are not landing on the chin. that to me says his punch resistance is not that good. add that he fights at hw with the most powerful guys in the world and thats a major fucking flaw, Chinny as fuck Pricey ;)

Stiverne is a big banger but as you say Stiverne wasn't even hitting him clean more like slaps had him hurt , maybe I am wrong. He was caught on the ear against Thompson but after seeing those vids just hit him on the head anywhere and it looks like he can go

I know he got up to beat Fury correct?

funny I have had almost identical discussions with mofo about Khan which turn the same direction :chin  I could go grab my old posts and they would fight perfectly here :D

• Members

Pricey is quality fighter, no doubt about that. Such a big and tall guy with such good reflexes, punch coordination and movement coordination, its clear he's no average joe. I think if he fights Helenius after TT that he will stop him in 5 or 6 rounds.

You have a very canny likeness to C.J, even though things are evidently clear and there should be no argument because its that transparent you still find something to say  :tup

Layton are you sure your not a Puerto Rican from New Jersey mate , we seem to share the same brain wave lengths :coffee 

You have a very canny likeness to C.J, even though things are evidently clear and there should be no argument because its that transparent you still find something to say  :tup

CJ was an extremely hard done by and abused individual, however the difference between me you and him is that im always right :tup

haha , according to Mofo i'm an Afghan the bastard  :facepalm

Layton are you sure your not a Puerto Rican from New Jersey mate , we seem to share the same brain wave lengths :coffee

Rrrrrrrr shucks hands across the water :gay

You know the saying about great minds I am sure

Yeah for sure, its great minds and new member hugging are usually :gay

Mofo just admit your a retard and be done with it  ;)

I am merely the voice of reason...always have been and always will be :coffee

that could be very true if you resided in a mental hospital :D

A haters gotta hate....I understand ths logic it has been passed down through the generations :D