Great knocksouts

blackrican23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLya0g815U&feature=player_embedded

Hearns and Duran met at 154 pounds, where they both held titles, in 1984. Duran was known as a swarming, high-activity fighter who had great punching power. Hearns, on the other hand, was the prototypical boxer-puncher, with great power in both hands.

Their fight only lasted two rounds, but it was a dynamite ending. Words don't do justice to the huge power Hearns exhibited in this fight, dropping Duran flat on his face to win the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lYHq-MUXANg

Julian "The Hawk" Jackson is considered, to this day, to be one of the biggest punchers in the history of boxing. In 1990, he matched up with former British and European middleweight champion Herol Graham with the vacant WBC middleweight title on the line.

Heading into the fourth round, Graham was putting on a boxing lesson. But, you can never sleep on a puncher like Jackson. And yes, the pun was intended.

As Jackson was backing into the ropes, he unleashed a missile left hand, the kind of punch that would stop a truck, that landed flush on Graham's jaw. His body went rigid, unconscious, and he fell to the mat as stiff as a board.

Sergio Martinez had dropped his first bout against Paul Williams, via a heavily disputed majority decision, and he was determined to let no such thing happen in the rematch.

With just over a minute gone in round two, Martinez connected with a left hand that landed with one of the more sickening thuds you'll hear inside a boxing ring. Williams crumpled to the mat in such a lifeless and disturbing manner, that everyone watching had to hold their breath in the hopes he would be okay.

Up to that point Jones, the sport's pound-for-pound king, had only suffered one defeat (by disqualification) and had dominated the light heavyweight division for years. But Tarver gave him fits in their first contest, something Jones attributed to having to lose weight after a successful challenge for a share of the heavyweight title.

The rematch didn't last nearly as long, but was just as shocking. For a fighter who had rarely been challenged, and never hurt, Jones ate a shocking left hand that sent him down and out for the first time. It was his first, but not last legitimate loss.

Foreman, even in his later days as a fighter, was still known as a guy with huge punching power, and Michael Moorer found that out first-hand in the 10th round. With a little over a minute remaining in the round, Foreman connected on a clubbing straight hand that sent Moorer sprawling to the canvas.

He couldn't beat the count and that made Foreman the oldest man to win a heavyweight championship.

Before they locked horns for the fourth time this past Dec. 9, Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao had already engaged in 36 rounds of boxing, with the majority having no clear winner.

Most fans expected the same type of fight, with Pacquiao coming forward trying to attack, and Marquez content to time him and counterpunch.

Michael Spinks shocked the boxing world when he gave up his undisputed crown at light heavyweight in order to campaign two divisions north at heavyweight. But he made an immediate impression, upsetting previously undefeated Larry Holmes to capture the IBF heavyweight title in the 1985 upset of the year.

He would also defeat Holmes in a rematch and set himself on a collision course with the undefeated, unified champion Mike Tyson.

Spinks (31-0, 21 KO) and Tyson (34-0, 30 KO) matched up in 1988 for one of the most hyped heavyweight title fights in history. But that's all it was—hype.

Julio Cesar Chavez entered his 1990 bout with Meldrick Taylor on a 68-fight winning streak to begin his professional career, but he needed to pull a rabbit out of his hat to win No. 69.

Entering the 12th and final round, Chavez desperately needed a knockout to avoid his first loss. As we know now, Taylor had sizable leads of 107-102, and 108-101 on two of the three judges' scorecards. All he needed to do in order to win was hear the final bell.

But in the closing seconds, Chavez dropped Taylor to the mat with a massive right hand. Taylor rose to his feet by the count of six but was unresponsive when referee Richard Steele talked to him in the corner.

With just two seconds remaining in the fight, almost literally at the last second, Steele stopped the fight, giving Chavez one of the most controversial and incredible knockout victories in boxing history.

Mike Tyson entered the Tokyo Dome as the undisputed heavyweight champion, with 37 victories, and devastating knockout power. His opponent, James "Buster" Douglas, was a fringe contender, who had been knocked out by Tony Tucker in his only other chance at a world title.

Just three weeks before the fight, Douglas mother passed away, and he contracted the flu. He entered the fight a 42-1 underdog and scored what is considered by many to be the biggest upset in boxing.

From the outset, it was clear Douglas would not be intimidated. He utilized a quick jab to keep Tyson outside, and did not shy from opportunities to let his hands go, a possibly lethal choice.

He was dropped to the mat in the eighth round, but he beat what some felt was a slow count, and the came in the 10th to shock the world. It was Tyson's first defeat, and he was never the same fighter again.

was there for two of um ! 

I will never forget calling you ringside Roy / Tarver 2 , I was in UDDER shock

this thread was more historical KO's by world class champions , we can find club fight KO's all over

I still haven't seen the Vargas ko even one time, but hes sucks ass must be a polooka

historical and vargas wont ever be linked

oh you miss read my last post Johnny , feel free to post as you please , didn't mean to hurt your feelings about jesse

we know you youtube historians have seen everything ,  my thinking  was  along the lines of historical when I made the thread maybe I should have worded it better

get to actually talk boxing in the sense of history with some guys here gets you in that mind frame

it was corrupted not worth the sticky,

you couldn't own anyone on this site let alone me :nice  you get too moist in the va jay jay then reply with kiddie pictures :whiteflag I can see why you slay the 15 yr olds like the king you think you are :ltup

OCHO CINCO

no worries Johnny I wasn't trying to rile you up I straight call you a bitch to your face :madlol

I don't beat around the bush :fu run along now mommy wants you to take out the trash