Khan blames weight for seeing canvas

Mofo2

Amir Khan has stated that fighting at 140lb is the reason why he has been knocked to the floor in recent bouts.

Speaking to ESPN.com, he said, "Part of my punch resistance is due to my weight," Khan said. "Sometimes you need that extra little bit (of weight) to take that punch. If you're not making weight properly, you're not going to take the punches as well. (Trainer) Virgil (Hunter) has seen me spar at 147. I talked to Virgil about moving up and he said, 'Who you looking to fight?' I said, 'Alexander.' He said, 'That's a good fight.'"

http://ringnews24.com/index.php/component/k2/item/26-ringnews24-copyright-notice

Khan needs to make sure the defence side of his style is at a better level then the punch resistance won't matter as much!

and this is exactly why i can't see him adjusting, he'l just try his luck with Devon, if he beats him he'l carry on with that style against the next..... and probably get ktfo

Khan has recognised he has work to do defensively and his team are working to put it right and against Alexander we will see if it has moved on a little more, but I wouldn't expect he would throw away development if he won, just because he won!

you also expect him to address his flaws in 1 or 2 fights even though the fucker has had 5 whole yrs and addressed nothing

He hasn't had 5 years with his current trainer who has identified from the offset that his style needs to change...Roach was happy to leave things the way they were his current set up are not, so what relevance has 5 years got????

Answer...absolutely fuck all!

He ain't blaming jack shit, it's what he believes is a reason as to why he has been shaky in some fights, the one thing that is 100% sure though is that if he even slightly improves his defence he will be a better fighter than he already is.....and he ain't done so bad as a pro regardless of what all the biatches say about him :coffee

• WBF OG

i see no indications khan will improve his defense.  i also think genetics are the reason for his shaky chin, not weight problems

i see no indications khan will improve his defense.  i also think genetics are the reason for his shaky chin, not weight problems

Anytime Khan has faced a quality foe his size he's been ko'd , hes been draining himself to beat up smaller guys and its been his strength. I could go to boxrec and prove it but its not worth the effort

a lot of fighters talk shit but only one fights at his walking around weight, Khan should try 154 or 160 to really improve his chin to its highest potential :coffee

explain

It's simple....he believes he drains himself to make weight and this explains how his resistance is considered to be low to just good punches...not even heavy punches...yet if he joined the roulette of life and his genes were good, he could ignore his conditioning, fitness and having to make weight as a reason as to why his resistance is low at times!!

It's a nonsense, a whole host of reasons contribute to having a good chin and genes ain't one of them!

a lot of fighters talk shit but only one fights at his walking around weight, Khan should try 154 or 160 to really improve his chin to its highest potential :coffee

:wave

• WBF OG

khan vs golovkin, bring it on

Yeah just as it is for CW jumping to HW I guess :facepalm

not so mofo , seriously one fighter makes 50 million fighting the weight he walks around at , shouldn't every fighter then do the same !!!! why do guys have to boil down 10- 20 lbs to gain an unfair advantage

not singling out Khan , its 97% of the fighters but in khans case he's crying about how boiling down hurts his punch resistance  but its how he's built his career

actually it is one of many factors, Conditioning helps speed the recovery process

Conditioning ain't Genes!

not so mofo , seriously one fighter makes 50 million fighting the weight he walks around at , shouldn't every fighter then do the same !!!! why do guys have to boil down 10- 20 lbs to gain an unfair advantage

not singling out Khan , its 97% of the fighters but in khans case he's crying about how boiling down hurts his punch resistance  but its how he's built his career

I can agree to an extent, however do we know Khan Walks around at 154lb???

no shit Sherlock, your genetic make up will have some impact on your ability to take a punch though. That's pretty fucking obvious, even to a retard, surely!!!

So is there a Specific gene that has been allocated for the chin then???

are you really that thick you think that genetics have no bearing on punch resistance?

So what group of genes should I be looking out for because you can obviously substantiate this better punch resistance pool :pms

khan wasnt drained in the gym when he was sparring pacquiao and nearly getting KOd with foam on his head

Actually it was supposed to be Khan nearly knocking out Manny who had foam on his head :wave