Khan blames weight for seeing canvas

I don't agree, for me conditioning and physical fitness aid dramatically in recovery and these are the elements that determine the ability to withstand blows to a higher degree than someone else, you could have identical

Twins who are from the same gene pool and one can take a punch better than the other..coming from good stock will only do so much and part of that will not be to have a granite chin!

yes i have outlined that point, there is also the guys that have a natural ability to be able to take punishment though and genetics will have something to do with it, Everyone can get knocked out thats a fact of life, but some people do have a natural ability to take stupid shots, Guillermo Jones vs Lebedev showed he was fucked but still managed to stay upright, Roy Nelson in MMA constantly shows he can take them, Genes don't decide it, but surely they will have something to do with your ability, just like they do with strength and so on 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mofo2

• Layton

• blackrican23

• Que

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mofo brought it up (As a joke I believe) and you became a crusader for it in the thread. Therefore, it is your responsibility to prove that what you say is true. You can't just say something is

given that genetics are a make up of what the human body is, then genetics will play a part in punch resistance, it's logical, otherwise everybody would be able to take the same clean shot and stand or fall whatever the case maybe

It doesn't work that way. You are assuming that there is a gene (or a few genes) that governs punch resistance and that it is very different in human beings. I don't think that is the case. I think that the only way genes take you out of the game are when you are have severe mental or physical conditions that disable you from doing things (like boxing). You can't says genes make a difference in this case. My challenge to you is look around and find research that shows that you could be correct. I mean real research. I am not asking for definitive, this is how it is proof. I am asking for something that shows that it could be true. I won't believe it completely still but I will acknowledge that it might be a possibility. I will only acknowledge it if the research is reasonable. I.E. Someone who is well respected in the field of genetics or a similar field who has done approved research on this topic. T-Nation doesn't count :D

Also, I want to point out that your reasoning works for conditioning too. No two people have the same conditioning exactly. This could account for punch resistance too. Also, no two people pay the same attention in the ring or ...  See where I am getting with this?

Also, I want to point out that your reasoning works for conditioning too. No two people have the same conditioning exactly. This could account for punch resistance too. Also, no two people pay the same attention in the ring or ...  See where I am getting with this?

yes, its a shame you can't see where i am coming from, do you agree some people have a better natural ability to take a punch?

also you do the research, i'm not researching something that is logical, just like i wont research your conditioning argument...  because its logical, doubt there is any proof of it though simply because who in the science world at the moment will give a fuck about why people can take a better punch than others given that combat sports are tiny in comparison to others

also you do the research, i'm not researching something that is logical, just like i wont research your conditioning argument...  because its logical, doubt there is any proof of it though simply because who in the science world at the moment will give a fuck about why people can take a better punch than others given that combat sports are tiny in comparison to others

Well, Mofo brought it up (As a joke I believe) and you became a crusader for it in the thread. Therefore, it is your responsibility to prove that what you say is true. You can't just say something is true without proof. That is the God proof. :)

• Upvote 1

yes, its a shame you can't see where i am coming from, do you agree some people have a better natural ability to take a punch?

I will say 'yes.' Earlier I said that if you have something like down syndrome or something that physically or mentally retards you, then of course you can't take a punch as well. If you are born without these deformities (most people in the world), then you can figure out the best weight class for you, get very conditioned and take a punch like the best of them. I really believe that it is conditioning and practice that helps you take a punch better! But, that is just what I have seen. I offer no proof. We are debating without proof. Just what we see. I see something differently than you see it.

Well, Mofo brought it up (As a joke I believe) and you became a crusader for it in the thread. Therefore, it is your responsibility to prove that what you say is true. You can't just say something is true without proof. That is the God proof. :)

:bow Que

I will say 'yes.' Earlier I said that if you have something like down syndrome or something that physically or mentally retards you, then of course you can't take a punch as well. If you are born without these deformities (most people in the world), then you can figure out the best weight class for you, get very conditioned and take a punch like the best of them. I really believe that it is conditioning and practice that helps you take a punch better! But, that is just what I have seen. I offer no proof. We are debating without proof. Just what we see. I see something differently than you see it.

exactly, because its logical to think that way 

Haters gotta hate I guess :coffee

nah, just logical that he moves up, faces bigger men who can hit harder than the one's he has faced and gets rocked even worse :)

TheRealDeal

I was going to Scream somebody please shut this delusional punk up but a few already have done so its pointless !  

It seems that no matter what and how  much of a pounding he takes its always someone elses fault like the trainer, the training camp, the opponent cheated, the Ref was on their side  etc. etc. one excuse after another, only a real man will acknowledge the other guy was better on the night, not a wee bitch like Khan though...

.......Oh noooo  everyone else but him lost the fight  :facepalm

GET REAL!!!

Accept it and move on, your not as good as you thought, you have no chin, your a bum and a name to be used in the Elite division, now you are done....

I was going to Scream somebody please shut this delusional punk up but a few already have done so its pointless !  

It seems that no matter what and how  much of a pounding he takes its always someone elses fault like the trainer, the training camp, the opponent cheated, the Ref was on their side  etc. etc. one excuse after another, only a real man will acknowledge the other guy was better on the night, not a wee bitch like Khan though...

.......Oh noooo  everyone else but him lost the fight  :facepalm

GET REAL!!!

Accept it and move on, your not as good as you thought, you have no chin, your a bum and a name to be used in the Elite division, now you are done....

Moffy wont like this post,  :coffee

Moffy wont like this post,  :coffee

RD has an irrational hate of Amir, whilst he has his own select band that he hugs to death, so I tend to pity his rants more than take them seriously, this is the guy who doesn't believe Burns ducked Broner....need I say anymore :coffee

RD has an irrational hate of Amir, whilst he has his own select band that he hugs to death, so I tend to pity his rants more than take them seriously, this is the guy who doesn't believe Burns ducked Broner....need I say anymore :coffee

Ah, Burns the man who has managed to avoid the 2 top lightweights in a row  :chin

blackrican23

heh!

if I recall you defended Burns for ducking broner when I said it 2 years ago :chin

heh!

if I recall you defended Burns for ducking broner when I said it 2 years ago :chin

2 years ago he was still fighting for US titles and Burns for World Titles so you had no point, if you had said it more recently though :coffee