Haye on Fury Fight: ‘It’s Free Money and I’ll Be Doing a Public Service’

Mofo2

David Haye-Tyson Fury and their respected teams are deep in negotiations for a an all British heavyweight title fight, touted for September 28th, possibly at the Manchester Arena. And former world heavyweight champion Haye has made it clear, he wants the fight and feels it will be ‘free money’ for him and he will be doing a public service by beating Fury.

“When Tyson Fury mentioned he wanted to fight David Price, then Klitrschko, then Pulev and now he wants to fight me! If that happens or not? Id like it too but I don’t know? Haye told Kugan Cassius for iFilmLondon.

“He seems to say he wants fights and then he goes in a different direction.

Asked if HE wants the fight, Haye said; “Come on everybody wants the fight, I want the fight yeah.

“If it doesn’t happen, It wont be down to me ducking out of it. It’s free money, free money and making everybody happy, I’ll be doing a public service if it happen’s but there’s a lot of obstacles to be moved out of the way before that can ever happen, but it’s a good fight.â€

i wonder if he'll flop on the ground against fury like he in the klit fight.

Are you trying to compare Fury to Klit :pms

I don't think he will. I think he is healed and ready to go. It seemed like a bit eye opener for him and I think that he will be ready this time. Valuev didn't really have a lot of talent, he was just huge.

What are you on about, this is Tyson Fury not fucking a Prime Mike :pms
  • Upvote 1

Never underestimate your opponent. When you do, you might just find that they will surprise you.

I Gree with the sentiments, however Tyson Fury hasn't improved that much that he will cause Haye any serious problems....he has more chance of getting a Grammy than beating Haye!

I Gree with the sentiments, however Tyson Fury hasn't improved that much that he will cause Haye any serious problems....he has more chance of getting a Grammy than beating Haye!

not true!!!!!!!!!! :shit

not true!!!!!!!!!! :shit

I heard all the same noises on the build up to the Chisora fight...people are giving far to much credibility to Fury as they did with Del!

• Members

If Haye is like before the layoff, he will stop Fury in 7 rounds or maybe even less...if not, he will struggle but still win a decision.

If Haye is like before the layoff, he will stop Fury in 7 rounds or maybe even less...if not, he will struggle but still win a decision.

like before?????? flopping around the ring ?

• Members

like before?????? flopping around the ring ?

No, like when he ktfoed Chisora, who is a better BOXER than Fury but not so humungously large.

Del boy would lose to fury hardly the same

Chisora has already lost to Fury.

Going into the fight with Haye, Chisora had taken Vitali all the way and he was riding a Crest of a wave, his credibility was much higher than Furys is currently, there was a great expectancy by many that he could comfortably beat Haye as he had supposedly committed to boxing which was something he hadn't done before...As for Fury...HE has vastly improved over the course of the past 18 months or so and as a consequence he has had a rise in status and the belief again is that he is going to be too much for Haye because of his reach and height, with constant comparisons being made to how Haye struggled vs Valuev for them same reasons, so he too is going into the fight with the same expectancy that he is going to cause Haye big problems and could very well just be to much for Haye!!

It's the same to me!

I see this as how hard Haye makes it for himself more than Fury does for him

but to Quote Que :

Never underestimate your opponent. When you do, you might just find that they will surprise you.

I don't believe Haye does underestimate Fury, he will merely go into sales pitch if the fight comes off as will Fury!

Agreed. I really hope this happens though. I'd like to see Fury get knocked out and if Haye prepared for this fight well, he will do it.

Haye is in a no win situation if this fight happens, his fans expect him to win and his haters believe Fury will expose this supposed weak HW, so if he were to beat Tyson there will be no credit given there, then where does it leave him in the pecking order....I would suggest no better off as the Klits just don't want a part of him!

If Tyson was to make a statement in beating Haye however....he elevates his status....go figure that one out :chin

• Members

Haye is in a no win situation if this fight happens, his fans expect him to win and his haters believe Fury will expose this supposed weak HW, so if he were to beat Tyson there will be no credit given there, then where does it leave him in the pecking order....I would suggest no better off as the Klits just don't want a part of him!

If Tyson was to make a statement in beating Haye however....he elevates his status....go figure that one out :chin

If Fury indeed beats Haye, then it will be a sign that Haye is either on the slide or just lacks heart.

If Fury indeed beats Haye, then it will be a sign that Haye is either on the slide or just lacks heart.

Yet if Haye wins he will not benefit from it other than to have a much healthier bank balance!

• Members

I just think its FUNNY, to use that word, of Haye to say Wladimir has no heart when he has shown clear lack of it himself in more than one fight!:stir

I disagree, this is a win lose situation. If he wins (Which he is expected to do), this gets him one step closer back to a HW Title match. If he loses, then it will destroy his credibility. He has to fight fury. There just aren't that many HW fighters that he can continue stepping over to get to the Klitschkos.

A step closer to who???? Wlad doesn't want to fight him again and Vitali doesn't want to risk being embarrassed!

A step closer to who???? Wlad doesn't want to fight him again and Vitali doesn't want to risk being embarrassed!

If he doesn't fight Fury, he will never get the chance. At least if he fights Fury, he might get the chance.

Fury isn't the key to getting a World title shot!

• Members

I only hope it happens, this better not be a big waste of time, the Charr fight was not worth seeing as far as I see...anyways Haye would have ended him.

I only hope it happens, this better not be a big waste of time, the Charr fight was not worth seeing as far as I see...anyways Haye would have ended him.

I agree with this!

charr puts up more than Fury does!