What now for Dawson and Angulo?

Slayer

• Members

I had to put them both in one thread, since their situation is similar-both suffered bad defeats last night, hard to say which one was worse; Dawson being taken out in 1 round or Angulo suffering a bad bad beating and having to quit in the 10th. Whats next for them? Dawson looks pretty finished as a top fighter, maybe it was the bad decision to go down in weight and receive a beating from Ward. Anyway, he's an old 30, as the commentators said. Angulo is on a comeback trail and this loss may derail his career further, after several previous derailments. Still, losing to Lara, esp in the manner that he did, is hardly a shame. He was the first man to knock Lara down and twice. Thus we know he hasn't lost IT, he just ran into a better, technically better, fighter. He will just have to pick his opponents better in future...

Dawson needs to think about his future and possibly hang them up, after the 2 looses it would be hard for him to get his spot back in the boxing world.  Angulo still has an option as a tough opponent for up and comers.

• Members

Dawson can still get fights, how about Tavoris Cloud. Fight makes sense considering the circumstances. Angulo lost nothing for me

No thanks, lol. That fight has stinker written allover it. A faded boxer vs a cowardly boxerpuncher who has never ko'd anyone worth a damn...well, he did stop a faded and late Julio Cesar Gonzalez...but that was before he won the title.

• WBF OG

it doesn't matter if the winner is a cuban or not, what matters is that the mexican didn't go out on his shield.  fucking angulo, at least take shot and act as if you got knocked out instead of quitting.

anyway, even though i'm not a fan of lara's style, his left to the chops and his willingness to stand and trade makes me not talk shit about his style, even though there were a few rounds when all he did was pot shot.  when he threw his straight left, it was a thing of beauty.

How about Bellew after Stevenson knocks him out too :)

Bellew could outbox him, but he ain't got the best of defences and he couldn't stand and trade too much..flip of a coin!

to be fair to Bellew he's got a decent chin, i can't see him getting him blown away like Dawson did, but if he's as leaky defensively as he has been he's in for a tough night, by the way the original post was for Dawson to fight Bellew but eh :D

it's odd the way things turn out with Tony set to face Stevenson instead of Dawson I guess and although I agree Bellews got a decent chin, if he gets caught with a big shot from Stevenson he would probably end up the same way, Tony will have to keep a high work rate and keep covered up if he is going to win!!!

if he circles away he'l be fine mate, Chad just didn't take this fight seriously imo

Bellew becomes complacent in fights, he tends to believe his own self hype at times...strike...all the time :D

After his shitty performances against Chilemba he's come back down to earth a bit, how long that lasts i don't know though

TBF he generally only acts the dick when he is looking for or promoting a fight, interviews with him in between he comes across as a decent lad, but I guess his mouth is generally what grates most about him!

as a person, i dislike the fucker i'l be honest, he comes across as a big headed bastard who thinks he's better than he is, as a fighter you have to like him, he'l fight anyone and tries his best

That's most people's opinion mate, I suppose I'm a little bit more forgiving knowing the rough area he has dragged himself out of!