Rios: I'll knock Pacquiao out

Mofo2

Brandon Rios has issued a warning to former pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, stating that he will knock the Filipino out when the pair meet in Macau on November 24. Pacquiao's advisor Michael Koncz recently revealed the 34-year-old's desire to fight welterweight star Floyd Mayweather Jr, but insisted 'Pac Man' will need an impressive win over Rios if he is to set up a super-bout with 'Money'. However, 'Bam Bam' is adamant he will give Pacquiao no chance of victory, and will follow in the footsteps of Juan Manuel Marquez in flooring his opponent to the canvas.

"I'm going to win this fight," Rios told esnewsreporting.com. "I'm going to knock him out. [Juan Manuel] Marquez kicked his a**e. I'm going for the kill."

Pacquiao is searching for victory on the back of successive defeats, first to Timothy Bradley last summer before being knocked out by Marquez in their December bout. Rios is also looking to avenge his first ever professional defeat, after losing to Mike Alvarado by unanimous decision in Las Vegas in March.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/211817.html#O9LoR1IFswguGthY.99

• Members

i hope rios wins but i expect him to get thrashed inside 5 rounds

I don't...its been some time since Manny was doing stuff like that.

• Members

Rios is made for Manny, Manny was wrecking Marquez when he  got ktfo people seem to forget that 

WRECKING is not the right word for it.:stir He got wrecked himself instead anyway.

Rios lacks ring IQ, he could not adjust to Alvarado's adjustments in their second fight, because he believed Alvarado would bring the same, it was quite obvious after 4 rounds that Alvarado had worked on changes for the second fight.

Rios lacks defense 100% which is the same as lacking in the ring IQ department.

Manny by KO before the 6th round. I hope Rios uses the purse money to secure his future because after this fight he will not get another high calibur fight again. And the Alvarado rematch will be down the drain also :palm

a vicious ko on an aging fighter has to have an effect , and wont be shocked if this turns out like Jones jr vs Glencoffee.

Rios should be beaten down worse than Margacheato was but those dreaded leg cramps could rear there ugly head again