Marquez confirms no fifth Manny fight

Mofo2

“It motivates me more to look for a fifth divisional championship. I believe that any sportsman or professional wants to achieve certain goals and that's why another belt inspires me more. And what's better than facing an opponent - who for me is a great fighter, tough and difficult, like Timothy Bradley. My family has the last word [on my future]. I am not a puppet for anybody. I will not allow myself to move forward based on what a promoter or other [industry] people say. My decision [regarding the future of my career] is firm - if it is no then it is no and if it is yes, then it is yes. The surest thing is that there will not be a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao, and yes there will be a [fight for a] fifth championship," Marquez said.

I am not a puppet for anybody. I will not allow myself to move forward based on what a promoter or other [industry] people say. My decision [regarding the future of my career] is firm - if it is no then it is no and if it is yes, then it is yes. The surest thing is that there will not be a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao, and yes there will be a [fight for a] fifth championship," Marquez said.

Excellent! thats a way to put an end to that story once and for all. Looks like Marquez took a lil did at Manny with the "puppet" comment :yess

• WBF OG

good for marquez. he obviously doesnt care bout money because im sure a bradley fight pays 1/2 or 1/3 of what another go with pacquiao would. 

• WBF OG

i also think bradley is a bad stylistic matchup for marquez. he wont be as reckless as he was vs provodnikov in the first round

yeah why risk Manny getting another gift against him when he got a victory that can never be disputed as controversial ?

that's how you close a book , you slam it shut

327290-manny-pacquiao-s-knock-out-on-six

he has a Pac fight when ever he wants it , he should go for a fifth title against Bradley while there still gas in the tank.

no confidence is a lame comment too , JMM is a HOF fighter to insinuate that is doing him and injustice . as you see it then JMM is cherry picking Bradley?

• WBF OG

not confident enough?  he drew once and lost two controversial decisions then put out the lights.  if anything, pac should be the one thats lacking in the confidence department.  he knocked marquez down 4 times but couldn't put him away.  marquez knocked him down twice and had jinky crying profusely on the 2nd one.

exactly , in the battle of public opinion , which is the hardest to win , he was no worse than 50/50 despite being 0-3. how does that not give you the confidence not to go KTFO of someone?  which by the way happened see above post

no confidence is a lame comment too , JMM is a HOF fighter to insinuate that is doing him and injustice . as you see it then JMM is cherry picking Bradley?

Ofcourse it does him justice every fighter comes to an end sooner or later and when they near their time the confidence that they have enough to winnthe big fights starts to ebb away...thats just how it is!

you always sound like sour grapes mofo , nothing you said backs up the weak statement about confidence . JMM is cherry picking Bradley like Pac did to him then?

JMM is very rich he fights for his place in boxing history and he's already first ballot and 5 titles in 5 weight classes matters more to his legacy then a 5 th fight with Pac, that makes me happy 

your argument is very weak , let pac earn his shot , you pactards want him in the drivers seat all the time