Devon Alexander says no to Khan

GRIM

Devon Alexander says no to Khan fight in Dubai on December 7th

Alexander is interested in defending his title against Khan on December 7th, but he wants no part in defending his title in what would likely be in front of a huge pro-Khan crowd in Dubai.

You could definitely understand why Alexander wouldn’t want to do that because why should he, as the IBF champion, be put in the position where he’d be defending his title in front of his challenger’s fans.

Alexander is going to have to be firm with his promoter Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions because he’s already been talking about wanting to fly over Dubai to look at a venue. It’s interesting that Schaefer would want to do this without checking it out with Alexander first to see if he was on the same page.

Schaefer wants to match Khan against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2014 if Khan beats Alexander. That’s a fight he’s really interested in making. Alexander can spoil Schaefer and Golden Boy’s plans by beating Khan and putting Schaefer in the position where he’d be trying to match a beaten Khan against Mayweather.

I don’t think for a second Mayweather would even consider facing Khan at that point, because that would be Khan’s 3rd loss in his last 5 fights and it would be pretty academic that his career as a top contender would be essentially over.

I for one totally agree why should he the champion have to fight Khan in Khan's location of preference :?

I thought TR had the hard on for Dubai now GB too?

If the money is right Devon should take it , guys want to be too comfortable nowdays a hostile crowd might wake his boring ass up. If they fought here in US it could be a pro-Khan crowd too Devon has few fans

Dubai looks beautiful he should let boxing take him around the world , not be afraid of a few Paki's , not like Khan is trying to bring him to the UK

Its really a neutral site , just closer to Pakistan but not that close. Khan is raised in Uk. Devon can't draw in any venue he's proven that , its about the paper at this point not really this strap he holds. Mayweather is the welter weight champ so Devon should get this payday

I don't think its Khans team its Golden Boy trying to stick it to top rank

Why should Alexander who is the champion give in to the challenger :?

Agreed....venue should be Determined by the Champion!

Devon just doesn't want to fight outta the US, this isn't a champ calling shots

If they told him he got PBF next in Dubai then he sucks it up right :gay

Devon just doesn't want to fight outta the US, this isn't a champ calling shots

If they told him he got PBF next in Dubai then he sucks it right :gay

Maybe....but come on that's Floyd, replace him with Broner for instance and he is saying the same as he is to Khan!

exactly these guys get to comfortable fighting here , always with the fear of not getting a fair shake but we have A TON of robberies here TOO :wave

If devon was offered broner in Dubai why wouldn't he take it?

seems team Alexander is afraid of the Paki support Khan would receive in Dubai , which too me is silly because the crowd and the fans cant fight in the ring and once that bell rings the crowd becomes heads with no faces , your not concerned about them

if Devon was an attraction at the box off GB wouldn't have to get creative to generate money in his fights

this is the Roy jones syndrome and now that Roy is shot and past it you can see he regretted his never leave home stance he used for the major part of his career

Devon is the champion BUT HE NEEDS khan to get his lottery ticket punched no question to fight PBF so if its Dubai he needs to hop his boring ass over there

• WBF OG

i think devon is smart in not taking the fight...khan ko's him in under 6

Devon's being a little bitch, just fucking fight ffs

Dubai is off the table so i guess its how flexible Khan and his team are now to get the fight on!