BOXSTATS

GRIM

BOXSTAT is?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Very good.

• Defiantly worth watching.
    • Not bad.
    • Meh...

interesting :chin  who is behind compiling of this criteria? I will have check it out more in detail

they list a stat called average rounds lost per bout and have for example Canelo of averaging 0 rounds lost per fight? same for PBF.  they arrive at this number by dividing the total amount of losses by the sum of all the final rounds of any losing bouts ?

so if your undeafeated you average 0 rounds lost? Canelo isn't shutting guys out in his last fight alone he lost 5-6 rounds against Trout

also 'Ability to take a punch' statistic is based looking only at how they won and how quickly, Not taking into account the quality of the opponents faced at all.

quality of the opponents to me is essential in both measuring a fighters power and the ability to take , how can it not be?

I got an email from the owner yesterday wanting me to share his link on my sites so I thought we should give it a once over before I decide.

It looks pretty much like any other stats set up....I'm sure some nerd with spots spends his whole life putting together profiles on fights and fighters with stats like how many times a boxer grimaced from an uppercut or right cross blah dee blah or how many times he spat in a bucket between rounds!!!

Stats are bollocks, the one profiling can make them fit however he wants!

• WBF OG

those stats are shit unless we're talking apples to apples, in other words, with common opponents.

another example is the canelo/floyd fight.

how can you compare their power when canelo has been at 154 his whole career while floyd fought at 130?

• 2 months later...

Firstly sorry for bringing up an old post, but I didn't see this post when it was first posted, and think it deserves a reply from me, the owner/creator (whatever you want to call it) of BoxStat.co., and to open it up to more constructive critisim if you have any. As it was started by the admin (thank you! :) ) I'm guessing this is ok, but let me know if not.

When this post was created we'd only been online a couple of months so things may have a changed a bit, so sorry if i correct anyone on anything that was broken, but has later been 'fixed' or changed.

interesting :chin  who is behind compiling of this criteria? I will have check it out more in detail

they list a stat called average rounds lost per bout and have for example Canelo of averaging 0 rounds lost per fight? same for PBF.  they arrive at this number by dividing the total amount of losses by the sum of all the final rounds of any losing bouts ?

so if your undeafeated you average 0 rounds lost? Canelo isn't shutting guys out in his last fight alone he lost 5-6 rounds against Trout

also 'Ability to take a punch' statistic is based looking only at how they won and how quickly, Not taking into account the quality of the opponents faced at all.

quality of the opponents to me is essential in both measuring a fighters power and the ability to take , how can it not be?

The 'average losing round' statistics is calculated as you mentioned, but this is what round the fighter is most likely to lose the fight in. So it'll look at all the bouts that fighter has lost in, and get the average of the final round of the bout. It's not how many rounds that fighter loses on average per bout, but i agree it does need to be changed from 0 if they have never lost. As soon as i have a little more time I'll get that done. :)

The 'Ability to take a punch' statistics does take into account the opponents quality and the opponents opponents quality too. This is one of the reasons the stats are so accurate compared to others. We take into account the weight differences, age, heights, usual weights, how long the bouts went or didn't go, against what kind of opposition. So if an opponent is known for knocking people out, or going the distance, or being knocked out, it's all taken into account with the values above and adds to the accuracy of the statistics.

It looks pretty much like any other stats set up....I'm sure some nerd with spots spends his whole life putting together profiles on fights and fighters with stats like how many times a boxer grimaced from an uppercut or right cross blah dee blah or how many times he spat in a bucket between rounds!!!

Stats are bollocks, the one profiling can make them fit however he wants!

The stats are all done from weights, type of stoppage or result, what round, and against what type of opponent as noted above. They're never going to be spot on no, but that's not really what they're for. Boxing's always going to be unpredictable and that's why it's so good. I'm not a spotty nerd either btw ;), I was living up your end up until a year ago in Kensington... I don't imagine you'd last long there being a spotty nerd, your lucky if you're average without getting your head kicked in.

Some statistics can be made to look a certain way, but the whole site uses the same calcuations and there's no human bias in any way, so it can still be used to compare values. Stats are usually shown to be more in favour of one than the other to put a point accross, but there's no gain or reason for me to want one fighter to look better than another here.

I'd love any feedback anyone has. It's not perfect at all, but if you tell me what you like and don't like, or things you'd like to see then i can try and make it better. Appreciate the feedback and views so far...even if i have seen it 3 months later...

Thanks to the admin too for mentioning the site and oppening it to feedback. Apprecaite it!

Firstly sorry for bringing up an old post, but I didn't see this post when it was first posted, and think it deserves a reply from me, the owner/creator (whatever you want to call it) of BoxStat.co., and to open it up to more constructive critisim if you have any. As it was started by the admin (thank you! :) ) I'm guessing this is ok, but let me know if not.

When this post was created we'd only been online a couple of months so things may have a changed a bit, so sorry if i correct anyone on anything that was broken, but has later been 'fixed' or changed.

The 'average losing round' statistics is calculated as you mentioned, but this is what round the fighter is most likely to lose the fight in. So it'll look at all the bouts that fighter has lost in, and get the average of the final round of the bout. It's not how many rounds that fighter loses on average per bout, but i agree it does need to be changed from 0 if they have never lost. As soon as i have a little more time I'll get that done. :)

The 'Ability to take a punch' statistics does take into account the opponents quality and the opponents opponents quality too. This is one of the reasons the stats are so accurate compared to others. We take into account the weight differences, age, heights, usual weights, how long the bouts went or didn't go, against what kind of opposition. So if an opponent is known for knocking people out, or going the distance, or being knocked out, it's all taken into account with the values above and adds to the accuracy of the statistics.

The stats are all done from weights, type of stoppage or result, what round, and against what type of opponent as noted above. They're never going to be spot on no, but that's not really what they're for. Boxing's always going to be unpredictable and that's why it's so good. I'm not a spotty nerd either btw ;), I was living up your end up until a year ago in Kensington... I don't imagine you'd last long there being a spotty nerd, your lucky if you're average without getting your head kicked in.

Some statistics can be made to look a certain way, but the whole site uses the same calcuations and there's no human bias in any way, so it can still be used to compare values. Stats are usually shown to be more in favour of one than the other to put a point accross, but there's no gain or reason for me to want one fighter to look better than another here.

I'd love any feedback anyone has. It's not perfect at all, but if you tell me what you like and don't like, or things you'd like to see then i can try and make it better. Appreciate the feedback and views so far...even if i have seen it 3 months later...

Thanks to the admin too for mentioning the site and oppening it to feedback. Apprecaite it!

We are glad to have you respond mate :tup

you should create  the stats for average rounds lost per fight by fighters , one can see which fighters truly are the best. maybe you  take the 3 judges cards combined to help create an average, then average that number per career (e.g. say Floyd Mayweathers avg scores for fights ends up being 117-111 , then on the average he wins about 9 rounds per 12 rd fight in his career or its an average of 116-112 an average 8 per 12 etc.) if its a  fight ending in a KO then the number of rounds won/lost up to that point should be factor into the average. just an idea :D

The forum would love for you to start a few threads explaining some of stats you have created per fight or per fighter bases.

I shall visit your site now , since you took the time to come here and create discussion .

the ADMIN/OWNER of this site has no problems with you coming here and creating discussion and contributing to the forum using you site as subject, he frowns upon those who just come post a plug to their site and not take time to contribute to the forum

I stand by my opinion, I know there is an argument that when stats are carefully put together they can portray a true reflection of a fight,fighter but for me half of a picture is no picture at all as there are so many factors that the statistics don't fully translate....My own eyes and scoring are always the most accurate way of deciding how things went in a fight for me, but each to there own!  

We are glad to have you respond mate :tup

you should create  the stats for average rounds lost per fight by fighters , one can see which fighters truly are the best. maybe you  take the 3 judges cards combined to help create an average, then average that number per career (e.g. say Floyd Mayweathers avg scores for fights ends up being 117-111 , then on the average he wins about 9 rounds per 12 rd fight in his career or its an average of 116-112 an average 8 per 12 etc.) if its a  fight ending in a KO then the number of rounds won/lost up to that point should be factor into the average. just an idea :D

The forum would love for you to start a few threads explaining some of stats you have created per fight or per fighter bases.

I shall visit your site now , since you took the time to come here and create discussion .

the ADMIN/OWNER of this site has no problems with you coming here and creating discussion and contributing to the forum using you site as subject, he frowns upon those who just come post a plug to their site and not take time to contribute to the forum

Appreciate the comments, the points one is definitely a good idea that I'd love to implement! The problem is inaccuracy with the data and getting that much data added on a weekly basis. I'd like to let anyone add/correct data and get boxing enthusiasts to be able to vote on and dispute any incorrect information, that's the only way we'll ever have a credible source of information.

I'd happily contribute to the forum when i can if you have any ideas :)

Appreciate the comments, the points one is definitely a good idea that I'd love to implement! The problem is inaccuracy with the data and getting that much data added on a weekly basis. I'd like to let anyone add/correct data and get boxing enthusiasts to be able to vote on and dispute any incorrect information, that's the only way we'll ever have a credible source of information.

I'd happily contribute to the forum when i can if you have any ideas :)

A running thread where you post some of your stats would be one!!