blackrican23

Boxing styles

And the fact is that these are all made up categories that resemble styles of famous boxers over the years.  Does it really matter if someone is a slugger vs a brawler?  What are the subtle differences between the 2?  Also, ... Couldn't a volume puncher be a swarmer if he is winning on work rate? Maybe a pressure fighter has shitty technique but the slugger throws punches with good technique.  It depends on the fighter.  I love when I read online articles that make these definitions 'absolutes' lmao. Have you guys ever these old school adages: 

• Swarmer beats Boxer
  • Slugger beats Swarmer
  • Boxer beats Slugger

Just as simple as ... " With a southpaw ALWAYS keep your lead foot outside his." ....    :boxMaybe, ..Maybe not. 

• Upvote 2

^^ I agree for the most part. Volume Puncher is more of a sub category because like you say most of them are swarmers. There are a lot of fighters who are tweeners & don't fit a strict category. Labels serve a purpose but shouldn't be taken too literally.

• Like 1
  • BS 1

Time limit exploiter: a boxer who knowing that there is a 12 rd time limit,  avoids potential fight ending situations at all cost using excessive movement,holding & avoiding exchanges in order to score points & win a decision. Examples:Gayweather,Hopkins,Whitaker,Miguel Vasquez, Abril.

• BS 1