GRIM

Malignaggi McGregor Fight being discussed

GRIM

Former boxing world champion Paulie Malignaggi has confirmed his promoter Al Haymon has had discussions with UFC President Dana White regarding a fight with Conor McGregor. 

Malignaggi, who acted as a sparring partner for McGregor in the build-up to his bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. before leaving his camp, spoke to FightHype (warning: contains NSFW language):

• Upvote 1

mexfighter

who besides josueb gives a fuck?

• Upvote 1

JosueB

I don't want to see Paulie get this payday. Eff that guido shithead.

• Downvote 1

blackrican23

Joshybullshit  will jump off the goldengate bridge if paulie girl whips that ass

• Downvote 1

JosueB

Paulie better win this fight, because he is an actual pro boxer that has won titles whereas Connor is 0-1 in pro boxing. If Connor won it would be hilarious.

• BS 1

blackrican23

Or your ass will be bleeding for a year straight :princess

LMWBXR

This will give Paulie so much to tweet about...    but an even worse idea than the first lol.  

2EE
Former boxing world champion Paulie Malignaggi has confirmed his promoter Al Haymon has had discussions with UFC President Dana White regarding a fight with Conor McGregor. 
Malignaggi, who acted as a sparring partner for McGregor in the build-up to his bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. before leaving his camp, spoke to FightHype (warning: contains NSFW language):

I’d watch a hybrid fight between mma and boxing but not straight crossovers again. The last boxer to kick mma ass was Jeremy Williams who went what 7-0? He handled mma pretty easily. Duran fought a hybrid match vs a 220lbs Japanese wrestler and lost but I think if it were no gloves that Duran would have Koed him instead of just the early knockdown. Yeah a hybrid match that doesn’t favor wrestlers works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

JosueB
3 hours ago, 2EE said:

I’d watch a hybrid fight between mma and boxing but not straight crossovers again. The last boxer to kick mma ass was Jeremy Williams who went what 7-0? He handled mma pretty easily. Duran fought a hybrid match vs a 220lbs Japanese wrestler and lost but I think if it were no gloves that Duran would have Koed him instead of just the early knockdown. Yeah a hybrid match that doesn’t favor wrestlers works for me.

I think I've seen fights where it is mostly stand up but wrestlers are allowed to score takedowns. Once the wrestler scores a takedown though the fighters get back up to their feet, so they score their points & then it's back to stand up fighting. Cung Lee fought in an organization like this I believe.

Jeremy Williams went 7-0 & then retired because he knew couldn't compete at the highest level.

2EE
I think I've seen fights where it is mostly stand up but wrestlers are allowed to score takedowns. Once the wrestler scores a takedown though the fighters get back up to their feet, so they score their points & then it's back to stand up fighting. Cung Lee fought in an organization like this I believe.
Jeremy Williams went 7-0 & then retired because he knew couldn't compete at the highest level.

Well I’m biased towards boxing since I grew up in the 70-80s. I think that in a fight a good boxer wins 90% of the time. Unless he’s taken into his back. But in that scenario going for an eye is illegal. That’s why I think mma rules favor the grapplers. Either give the grappler to the count of 8 to submit or restand or get rid of the gloves and just use hand wraps to even it up. I think.

• Upvote 1

Mofo2

Why do we have to put up with this shit; a fight with Connor and Floyd was a big thing, but this has no relevance or importance what so ever!!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1