Mofo2

Tony Bellew reveals what to expect in Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin

Mofo2

Tony Bellew has claimed that Anthony Joshua’s next opponent, Alexander Povetkin, is a different man when he’s on performance-enhancing drugs. Joshua is due to fight the Russian in September, and Bellew says that if it’s a clean fight, Povetkin doesn’t stand a chance against the quadruple world champion.

The 38-year-old failed two drug tests in 2016 but has worked hard to return to the world title stage.

Of course, the Russian's reputation within the sport remains unpopular, at best.

Bellew has revealed he has spoken to other boxers who have sparred with Povetkin and they claim it is quite easy to tell if he is using a performance-enhancing substance. 

"Povetkin is a different man when he’s on drugs and I say this because I know sparring partners who have been in his camp," he wrote in The Metro.

"They have openly said to me, ‘he’s a ferocious animal, when he’s on drugs’ but they see and feel the difference sparring him when he isn’t on them.

"He’s a completely different man when he’s on drugs. I have no problem saying, I would absolutely annihilate Povetkin if he wasn’t on drugs. But if he’s on drugs I haven’t got a hope. That’s the harsh reality."

https://www.givemesport.com/1345309-tony-bellew-reveals-what-to-expect-in-anthony-joshua-vs-alexander-povetkin?autoplay=off

JoshB

I still need to see the Povetkin vs Price fight, haven't got around to watching it yet. But yes at 38 & not being able to juice anymore it's likely that Joshua knocks him out.

Mofo2

Price was mugged off big style; such a disappointment that lad!