Chavez Jr got a great gift

GRIM

I really don't know what good this will do but, Vera and his people are filing a protest.

A formal protest will be presented to the California State Athletic Commission in the coming days, Banner Promotions promoter Artie Pelullo told Boxingscene.com on Saturday night.

Pelullo stated he will protest the three judges' scorecards that had Julio Cesar Chavez winning a 10 round decision over Bryan Vera at the Stubhub Center in Carson on Saturday night.

Vera is promoted by Banner Promotions.

Banner Promotions will likely submit video of the fight to the commission that was broadcast on HBO in the United States or media outlets in Mexico and abroad.

The three judges' scorecards have been the subject of criticism on social media sites since Sunday night. Most members of the media in attendance had Vera winning the fight or had the fight a draw.

Judge Gwen Adair and Marty Denkin had the fight scored 98-92 and 97-93 respectively for Chavez. Judge Carla Caiz had the fight scored more plausible at 96-94 for Chavez.

Aside from the protest, Pelullo also has plans for Vera.

"We're going to reach out to HBO to see if he could fight again on their network. We're also going to seek a rematch against Chavez."

Immediately after the fight, Vera wanted a rematch, but Chavez said he would like to challenge any of the belt holders or top contenders at 168 pounds.

I had it like 6-4 Vera

So did I, and once again just like the Paulie V Broner fight, I thought the volume punches overrode the harder singular punches. 

• WBF OG

thats because no one else talks chavez but when i do, i prefer to talk shit about him.

anyway, it WAS A ROBBERY because one judge had it 98-92.  if you scored it by two points for vera, thats a 6 point swing.

Beaver Junior better not think he can compete at 175, Kovalev and Stevenson would chew him up and spit him out.

I wouldn't mind watching that tbh