Gamboa Wants Mikey Garcia, Willing To Drop To 130

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Cuban sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa is on the hunt for a big fight after beating undefeated Darleys Perez a couple weeks ago live on HBO. Gamboa has been on the comeback trail and has recorded back to back victories since leaving Top Rank and joining newly formed SMS Promotions headed by rapper turned promoter 50 Cent.

There have been many possible big fights talked about for the Cuban but as of now, none have come to fruition . When Gamboa was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene Radio, he declared he’s ready to fight anyone of the top names.

“In reality, I don't have one specific boxer in my mind to fight next. But at the same time I'd like to fight the fighters who are looking to fight me like in the case of [Mikey] Garcia and [Adrien] Broner. I know Broner isn't at my weight anymore but for a moment he was looking for a fight with me. I just want to prove to those who think they can beat me that I can beat them†Gamboa would tell BoxingScene Radio.

Not only did Gamboa capture the interim WBA Lightweight title in his last fight but he also made his Lightweight debut. While Gamboa admits he didn’t have an explosive performance, he assures he feels very good at the weight and plans to stay at 135 for a while.

“Yes, I plan to remain at this weight class for the next two years. I feel very good at this weight and I don't have to work as hard to make weight†said Gamboa.

While the move to Lightweight appears to be a permanent one, Gamboa did reveal he would be willing to drop down to 130 for the right fight. A very intriguing fight for Gamboa one weight class south is against Mikey Garcia who has been on a tear and seems to have outgrown the Featherweight division.

Gamboa has expressed interest in this fight  and instead of waiting for Garcia to move up to 135, Gamboa said he is willing to go down to make the fight happen.

“In the case that I would have to come down to 130 pounds, if there's a challenge there I'd definitely do it. Any other reason, I wouldn't come down to 130. But if there's a challenge [like the Garcia fight] for me, I'd do it with no problemâ€.

• WBF OG

gamboa would be a lot shorter and is too open for counter punches. garcia should be at least a 2-1 favorite. still probably the best match up in the division that CAN be made