Huck-Arslan Rematch on Sept. 14

blackrican23

WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck will face former WBA kingpin Firat Arslan in a rematch of their controversial first encounter last November on September 14 at the Hans-Martin-Schleyer Halle in Stuttgart, Germany. Huck vs. Arslan 2 was announced earlier today by Sauerland Event. “This fight was on every boxing fan’s wishlist. Their first fight was dramatic and excitingâ€, said Sauerland CEO Frederick Ness. “I’m glad that they’ll do it again on September 14.â€

Huck (36-2-1, 25 KOs) won a unanimous decision (by scores of a ridiculous 117-111 and 115-113 twice) over Arslan (33-6-2, 21 KOs) nine months ago. However, the decision was greeted with incomprehension as most fans and experts agreed that Firat Arslan should have gotten the nod in a close-but-clear affair. This writer scored the bout 116-112 in favor of the challenger. “I saw myself as the winner back in Novemberâ€, said Arslan, 42, in a Press Release announcing the rematch. “I would have been world champion again. I will give everything I got to take that belt away from him in the rematch. And I’m sure I’ll have the support of the fans in Stuttgart.â€

Arslan is the WBO mandatory challenger for Huck. “I wanted to give him this rematch, thoughâ€, Huck said. “It doesn’t matter that he is my mandatory, I would have fought him again regardless. I understand that Firat was bitterly disappointed after our first fight. I saw myself as the victor last year in my heavyweight title challenge against Alexander Povetkin but the judges disagreed. This is why I wanted to offer him a second chance.â€

For the sake of the sport, one can only hope that a fair and just winner will be crowned after the conclusion of the September 14 rematch between Huck and Arslan. Tickets for Huck vs. Arslan 2 will be available this weekend by calling +49-1805-570044 or online at www.eventim.de and www.easyticket.de.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/huck-arslan-rematch-on-sept-14-212125

Another fight that wasnt as controversial as its being made out to be, Huck was a little lucky no doubt but it wasn't a clear win either way, so it's probably right that they do it all over again!

• Members

Another fight that wasnt as controversial as its being made out to be, Huck was a little lucky no doubt but it wasn't a clear win either way, so it's probably right that they do it all over again!

So true. And 116-112-wtf, are u drunk?? No way! Arslan didn't win more than 6 rounds, at best. I myself thought Huck just edged it.

So true. And 116-112-wtf, are u drunk?? No way! Arslan didn't win more than 6 rounds, at best. I myself thought Huck just edged it.

I could go along with either winning very narrowly if im honest, there was nothing between them and it was dependant on how an individual chooses to mark a round, it just seems to have turned out to be one of those fights that people believe was daylight robbery and it just wasn't!

• Members

he also busted huck's nose & did more facial damage. it wasnt a domination from arslan but i thought he deserved the win. huck looked like SHIT.

But he laid back too much in the second half of the fight, he didn't do enough to take the fight. Huck was far busier, if not always the more accurate of the two.