Froch happy to face Groves

Mofo2

World super-middleweight champion Carl Froch says he is willing to fight his stablemate George Groves in what would be an eagerly-awaited domestic showdown. Froch beat Lucian Bute last year to claim the IBF title and George Groves is now the mandatory challenger for that title, meaning Froch may lose the belt if he does not agree to face him And the 36-year-old, who is fresh from beating Mikkel Kessler in a May thriller, says he will fight his former sparring partner rather than be stripped of his title.

Froch said: "He's mandatory for the IBF by default because Lucian Bute is injured, and I think (Edwin) Rodriguez and (Brandon) Gonzalez were fighting for the number two spot, this is what Eddie (Hearn, promoter) is telling me anyway, so George Groves is next in line for the IBF title and, you know me, I defend my title rather than vacate it. I'll fight anybody. I've not been officially asked to vacate the title but I've been made aware of the situation that Groves is mandatory and I'm not in a position where I want to give a belt up. I took that belt off an unbeaten fighter so I'm not going to just give that belt away, unless there's a good option for me and a good road for me to go down.mI'm in this game because I love it and I'll fight anybody, including George Groves."

Promoter Hearn said earlier in the month that talks were underway between the respective parties, with a view to the fight taking place later this year.

WIll see if this comes off but there is only one result as far as I can see unless father time interupts, Froch by stoppage.

I agree mate , seems the IBF has put Groves in a tough spot. I see his improvements but not ready for this IMO. But it will be a good learning experience to build off

not sure Froch wins by ko

I agree with both of you, Groves will become formidable but at this point his experience is limited and his career needs managing carefully....the wrong fight could ruin him and this is the wrong fight!

• Members

Groves is still too green yes, but if nothing this will be a good learning experience for him. Its not gonna damage his career much even if he gets stopped by an established guy like Froch at this stage, if he gives a good performance enough. I believe he will give Froch a good fight. If he doesn't rush it and gets caught flush, I can see him lasting at least 10, 11 rounds.