Soto Karass aims to break out of gatekeeper role

Mofo2

Welterweight Jesus Soto Karass (27-8-3, 17 KOs), who faces former world champion Andre Berto (28-2, 22 KOs) on July 27th, bristles at his perceived reputation of being a divisional gatekeeper who doesn’t get the wins but is liked by the networks and the fans due to his highly entertaining fights. “It’s great that people see me that way, but I want to win,†said Soto Karass on a conference call today. “The important thing for me is winning. Yes, I’m going to give a great performance like I always do, I’m ready to die in the ring like every Mexican, but the important thing for me is to win. I have the mentality of winning. I have to win for the future of my family, for the future of my trainers. It’s a lot of hard work. The bottom line is I want to win. It’s OK to have great fights, but my objective is to win.â€

As for Berto, Soto Karass stated “I’m going be in great shape. I’m going to be ready for a war. If he wants to box we can box, if he wants to stand and fight we can fight, if I have to counter or be on the inside, whatever it takes I’m just training to win. That’s my game plan. I gotta win.â€

WBO #4 super middleweight Arthur Abraham could end up as mandatory challenger for WBO champion Robert Stieglitz as long as he gets past Willbeforce Shihepo on August 24 in Schwerin, Germany. The way the scenario would unfold is if the top three contenders aren’t available. #1 George Groves may next face IBF/WBA champ Carl Froch. #2 Lucian Bute is injured. #3 James DeGale is having promotional problems. Stieglitz and Abraham both have one win apiece in their rivalry. The fighters are signed to different networks.

hmmmmmm :chin

Berto was on that hype train with Devon alexander I missed , but Soto Karass is the worse guy to get so many tv fights, cant see Berto losing this one

rumors of Trout /Lara Garcia/Maythessyse all under card of the next 5 million dollar opponent faceoff , Berto will be left out looking in