Bellew Title Shot Confirmed

Mofo2

Stevenson will thus fulfill his mandatory obligations as champion, however he must first get past a voluntary defence on September 28, likely to be former IBF champion Tavoris Cloud.

Bellew earned the mandatory spot after beating Isaac Chilemba at the second time of asking in May, at which time Chad Dawson held the WBC strap.

However, he was blown away inside a round by the heavy-handed Stevenson who has been granted a voluntary first defence by the sanctioning body.

Bellew will get his shot at the title in Canada after promoter Eddie Hearn and counterpart Yvon Michel agreed terms before the purse bids were necessary.

"There will be no purse bid because we have reached an agreement with the Bellew camp," Michel told boxingscene.

Hearn had previously confirmed to Sky Sports that Stevenson would only be allowed that first defence provided terms were first agreed with Bellew.

"I couldn't have wrote the way this has gone if I tried! It's real! Done Deal!" Bellew wrote on Twitter.

The popular Evertonian will turn 31 on November 30 - the most likely date of the fight.

Stevenson will thus fulfill his mandatory obligations as champion, however he must first get past a voluntary defence on September 28, likely to be former IBF champion Tavoris Cloud.

Bellew earned the mandatory spot after beating Isaac Chilemba at the second time of asking in May, at which time Chad Dawson held the WBC strap.

However, he was blown away inside a round by the heavy-handed Stevenson who has been granted a voluntary first defence by the sanctioning body.

Bellew will get his shot at the title in Canada after promoter Eddie Hearn and counterpart Yvon Michel agreed terms before the purse bids were necessary.

"There will be no purse bid because we have reached an agreement with the Bellew camp," Michel told boxingscene.

Hearn had previously confirmed to Sky Sports that Stevenson would only be allowed that first defence provided terms were first agreed with Bellew.

"I couldn't have wrote the way this has gone if I tried! It's real! Done Deal!" Bellew wrote on Twitter.

The popular Evertonian will turn 31 on November 30 - the most likely date of the fight.

Sept HBO vs Cloud

The fight happens, he will beat Cloud :box

could be I just think Stevenson is getting ahead of himself , he acts as if Cloud is a gimme and look at the turn around time , he is thinking everyone folds like Dawson