Kelly wary of Senchenko threat

Mofo2

Kell Brook is fully aware of the threat posed by Vyacheslav Senchenko as he looks ahead to their crucial welterweight clash on October 26.

Brook returned from injury earlier this month and produced an impressive stoppage in his rematch with Carson Jones, who had previously pushed him all the way in a points win last year.

The Sheffield fighter's long lay-off ended his hopes of a crack at IBF champion Devon Alexander, but a win over Senchencko should line up another shot at one of the division's top men.

Senchenko is a former WBA champion, with just a solitary loss on his record, and the unbeaten Brook is full of respect for the Ukrainian after his knockout win over Ricky Hatton last November.

"It's a tough task but I'm very excited," Brook told Sky Sports News.

"Anyone who stops Ricky Hatton is a dangerous fighter and one that I will take very seriously, so I can't wait to get in there and train very hard to put on a good show for my fans in Sheffield.

"He's been a world champion, been there and done it, so he will be out to prove that he's worthy of another crack at being on top of the world."

Brook will be fighting in front of his hometown fans again at Sheffield Arena and believes the crowd will inspire him to produce a dazzling display.

He said: "I really get up for it when I box in Sheffield, it'll be packed to the rafters and they are really passionate fans - so I can't wait to be back in my Arena, in a big fight that will take me closer to a World title shot.

"I'm on the doorstep of a world title and I'm ready to show I have what it takes to win it."

Agreed, Ricky was looking to make a statement and got careless, but Kell ain't ring rusty and is quicker than Hatton was so I expect him to win the fight comfortably, but that doesn't mean it's not a good fight to take in my eyes!

Well for Brook it is considered a step up, but beating Paulie girl left overs doesn't answer my questions about him

I'm with you on that one rican, I gotta say he is better than I originally thought he was though, I've never really rated Kell but I'm coming around a little!

Mofo, if Kell was a scouser you'd be brushing your tongue with his nob ;)

Joabb put me off him....he has been on his balls for years and tipped him to be a World Champion years back when he had only had 6 fights or so....it was my duty to troll his opinion and I did just that but the hate kinda became real :D

yeah, you  gotta shit on Joab's opinion at every op, :)

You know that's true :D

where is Joab these days  :? 

He spends most of his time at BA, but his time online ain't what it used to be tbf