Duran: in my era Mayweather would have been ordinary

Mofo2

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/duran-my-era-mayweather-ordinary--68116?#ixzz2aNHsaL28

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Legendary hall-of-famer Roberto "Hands of Stone" Duran does not believe Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) would have been a force in his era, when fighters like Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard and Wilfred Benitez were on top. He says Mayweather would have been "just another guy in the bunch."

Duran is not impressed with Mayweather's level of competition, stating that there is no comparison between the top contenders of today and the fighters who ruled from junior welterweight to middleweight 30 years ago. Duran said Mayweather should have a loss on his record from the first fight with Jose Luis Castillo and he scored the fight with Oscar De La Hoya as a draw.

"The problem right now is that Mayweather is fighting in an era where there are no real boxers. We knew that kind of style, we were familar with it. We were used to fighting those kind of boxers," Duran stated.

Mayweather has made comments in the past where he claims to be "the best fighter in the history of the sport." On September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Mayweather will face WBC/WBA junior middleweightchampion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at a catch-weight of 152-pounds.

• WBF OG

duran saying he would have KOd mayweather jr would be ok with me. but to say the guy is ordinary is pretty ridiculous. almost as bad as claiming the fight against that fishnet adorned dildo recipient was a draw

• Members

duran saying he would have KOd mayweather jr would be ok with me. but to say the guy is ordinary is pretty ridiculous. almost as bad as claiming the fight against that fishnet adorned dildo recipient was a draw

I like the idea of Mayweather not really being that great and everyone else just sucks. That makes more sense to me than there is one guy who is so incredible that no one can beat him.

One thing I will say is that PBF is great at making adjustments, I openly state I don't know if his pot shot offense would have been enough against that great group of the 80's but I would bet that PBF would adjust and up his punch output and win those fights as well

you show your limited knowledge by stating what fight you used to judge guys you know little about , sure duran wasn't think about PBF @154