Velvet James Malone VS Matt Jacobs

GRIM

velvet loves to slug , beats this kid with the jab all day, double jab off the right hook keeps Jacobs off him

one thing I noticed in the 2 fights I 've seen of Malone is I see his chin on his every punch thrown, and he has a pretty decent chin . get his head tucked a tad GRIM and get him not to load up every shot and he will break the '0"

This was the cake fight for Velvet, Myself and Terry worked with him on not loading up But it's in his nature, if you could have heard me I was beckoning him to just box this guy. I think the stoppage was way premature, he took some shots yes, but was not effective in a negative way, if you notice at the end of the round he did what we worked on to close the rounds which was walking the opponent back with simple punches, and it demonstrated clear mind and full functionality.

Here is how it went in the corner

I was telling Malone to move away after the throws his punches to avoid being caught with return shots, I was pleading with him to box more

Ref come takes a peek and says I'm getting the doc

I said why he is good and functional

Ref say just to take a peek

Doc comes and asks whats the date? Velvet responds quickly Aug 9th 2013

Doc asks whats your name? Velvet responds quickly Velvet James Malone

Doc asks where are you? LA Ca quiet Cannon Resort

I'm thinking good :tup

Doc whips out his flash light and say follow the light Malone follows the light with his eyes and head moving together in the directions th light is moving

Doc says no no follow the light with your eyes and starts over again, Velvet's eyes tracks the light in all direction the doc even id some weird ligt movements, but no problem

I'm thinking good we are going to the third round.

Doc say I have to stop it because you did not follow the light with your eyes the first time?

Velvet starts getting pissed and arguing with the Doc saying you should have been specific when you said follow the light as in "follow the light with your eyes"

Doc pulls the plug and the fight is over!

wow , nothing I saw even warranted the doc to come to the corner. Jacobs sold most of the tickets from the sound of the support he got for his debut.

good action fight , only thing I saw was Malone arm weary but not hurt.

its his nature to slug , without question, doesn't really have slugger tools . does he work hard enough  on his conditioning?

If you notice at the end of the round he did what we worked on to close the rounds which was walking the opponent back with simple punches, and it demonstrated clear mind and full functionality.

Naaaaa naaaaaa Malone loads up a lot and I knew even thought we worked on him easing up on the power that he would be loading up, so we really worked on finishing the rounds with fluffy punches, which is exactly what he did. To the naked eye it looks like he was arm weary "I am not saying he was fresh as morning dew" but the final 10 seconds of the rounds we worked on just that

It was due to that that I knew his head was intact because he was doing what we trained to do in the final seconds of the rounds :tup

we call it "Fluffing" :nice 

Naaaaa naaaaaa Malone loads up a lot and I knew even thought we worked on him easing up on the power that he would be loading up, so we really worked on finishing the rounds with fluffy punches, which is exactly what he did. To the naked eye it looks like he was arm weary "I am not saying he was fresh as morning dew" but the final 10 seconds of the rounds we worked on just that

It was due to that that I knew his head was intact because he was doing what we trained to do in the final seconds of the rounds :tup

we call it "Fluffing" :nice

he did throw a poor mans shoe shine end of round 2 :D

think he needs to fluff more the first 2:50 :nice  In the other bout he seemed arm weary after 5 mins or so as well. He looks in shape just wondering if you feel he is a hard worker?