Barker sends out Sturm warning

Mofo2

Darren Barker has told Felix Sturm to forget about taking his world title as he targets a triumphant homecoming fight in London.

Barker was crowned as the new IBF middleweight champion on Saturday after a courageous points victory over Daniel Geale in Atlantic City and his first defence is expected to be against mandatory challenger Sturm.

The German has already ruined the world title hopes of two fighters from these shores as he held Martin Murray to a draw and claimed a contentious points win over Matthew Macklin during his reign as WBA champion.

"He's not that exceptional on his feet, so you can do your work and move. I know what I have to do to beat him and it will be a massive fight here in England."

"He's a good fighter Felix Sturm, but I think his best days were when he lost to Oscar De La Hoya," said the Barnet man, speaking exclusively to Sky Sports.

"He won't be as lucky as he was against the other two. I'm looking forward to getting in there with him. Like I say, he's a good fighter, but I'll definitely be beating him.

"Watching Daniel Geale, I saw a lot of the Felix Sturm fight and Geale just outhustled him and outworked him. He's not that exceptional on his feet, so you can do your work and move. I know what I have to do to beat him and it will be a massive fight here in England.

"I'm with the best promoter in the country and he puts on huge shows does Eddie Hearn. It will be a great occasion. Defending my world title in London would be another dream come true and I'm hoping it will happen."

Disrespectful to say he "lost" to DLH, he should have said "got robbed against". :angry2

It's not disrespectful it's factual....he lost!

• Members

Wrap it up however you want, he lost he fight, the result is debatable but he lost, so he is far from being disrespectful!

Debatable?! DISGRACEFUL is the right word, laddie! :angry2 If that had been one of your boys, you'd be fuming with anger.