Tommy Morrison approaches final stages of fatal illness?

GRIM

August 24, 2013 - It is with great sadness to report that former heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison is allegedly only days away from passing away from AIDS. In some heartbreaking news, the likable Americans mother, Diana Morrison, told ESPN that her son has not been able to leave his house for a year and is apparently beyond any form of help and is currently being fed through a tube. Morrison (48(42)-3-1) had been the subject of much paper-talk over the years as his battle with HIV, which was first picked up in 1996 just before a planned fight with Arthur Weathers, prompted the Nevada Athletic Commission to suspend the former WBO titlist. Morrison has always denied the news, but it now seems that his prolonged and recent exclusiveness from society can be put down to the final stages of the devastating illness.

“He’s too far gone,” Diana Morrison told ESPN. “He’s in the end stages. That’s it. I tell him that the family loves him, he’s always in our prayers. What can you say to him? I don’t tell him to keep fighting or nothing, because I want him to go.” Although there are numerous reports circulating online that Morrison is about to pass away, he, (along with wife Trisha) has never acknowledged it. “He’s been in denial ever since he’s had it. So he’s blowing smoke up her rear end and got her believing.”

Source: theboxingobserver.com

Denying it to the very end, he must still think this a disease for Gays...maybe thats how he got it and why he has always denied the illness?

• Members

he DID get in the ring like 2 years ago, in mexico i think.

you know i can somehow understand denying the hiv, cause it's so embarrasing. 

but my god why on earth did he get those chest implants? wtf was that all about.

Vanity? The worst is when he had that terrible mullett...so 1985.

• Members

I dunno, anyone that is willing to give someone the disease he had out of pride or denial don't make me wanna say RIP if I'm honest!

Try to put yourself in his spot-he was 27 when he got the disease and came from a poor redneck background. Would YOU handle it better? Youre right, it was wrong to try and deny it in order to get back in the ring but lets face it-its not that easy to be infected fighting a HIV-infected boxer!

Try to put yourself in his spot-he was 27 when he got the disease and came from a poor redneck background. Would YOU handle it better? Youre right, it was wrong to try and deny it in order to get back in the ring but lets face it-its not that easy to be infected fighting a HIV-infected boxer!

I wouldn't deny it and I Wouldn't have put others at Risk!