Sturm-Barker faceoff at kickoff Press Conference

Mofo2

sturm-barker_kickoff680.jpg

It is a day to make history when Felix Sturm challenges Great Britain’s IBF World Middleweight Champion Darren Barker on December 7, 2013 at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany. The German superstar will attempt to win an unprecedented fourth middleweight title – an archivement none other German fighter has done before. Barker and Sturm met for the first time at today’s first press conference in Stuttgart. Both appeared confident but respectful.

Felix Sturm: “I’m really excited about that fight, as I can’t wait to become world champion again. Darren is a tough fighter but he will be in for a surprise. We have eight weeks to go until fight day and I’m already in really good shape. I promise that this will be a great event.â€

Darren Barker, IBF World Middleweight Champion: “Felix was a great champion but I believe I have his number. I worked very hard to become champion and I don’t intend to let go of my belt. I don’t have a problem with going to Germany for this fight at all. I travelled a lot in the amateurs and won the title in USA. I intend to defend my title in style.â€

Eddie Hearn, Promoter Darren Barker: “It’s great to be here. We’re looking forward to the challenge of facing Felix Sturm. I have full confidence in Darren and I’m absolutely sure he will retain his title.â€

Source: Fightnews.com