Merqui Sosa in jail

Slayer

• Members

Ain't this some sad shit.:facepalm

Merqui Sosa is in jail and has suffered injuries as a result of an altercation with prison guards.

In the late 1980s, Sosa was a fixture on fight cards at Madison Square Garden. The popular super-middleweight from the Dominican Republic was a crowd-pleasing favorite, who fought with reckless abandon. His wars against the likes of James Toney, Prince Charles Williams, Tony Thornton, Steve Little, Frank Liles, Michael Nunn and Roy Jones Jr were the stuff of legend. But Sosa took too many punches en route to a 34-9-2 record. Recently, he told writer Michael Katz, "My head's all fucked up."

Last week, Sosa was jailed in New York for non-payment of child support. He was taken to the Queens House of Detention as a civil inmate and asked to submit to a routine body search. Sosa refused; two prison guards tried to handcuff him; and Sosa started swinging. According to a reliable source within the criminal justice system, "Merqui got busted up pretty good."

Sosa has now been charged with two counts of assault on a corrections officer, which is a Class D felony that carries a potential prison term of up to seven years, although a lesser resolution of the case is expected. He is currently being held as a criminal inmate in lieu of $3,500 bail.

• Members

I liked him as a fighter, or its more proper to say LIKE, since I didn't follow him when he was active. Very strong, very exciting to watch and with underated skills as well. Still, he could never really break through, for real. Wether it was because he wasn't dedicated enough to training (didn't look so judging by his body tho) or maybe he just fought at the wrong time. But he was screwed against Jones for sure, that stoppage was bs! He did beat Glen Johnson and Prince Charles Williams and a few other decent contenders...seems like a genuinely nice guy but this is just unnecessary.

• Members

fucking scumbag for not paying the child support in the first place!

Maybe he didn't have enuff dough? Or his ex is a bitch who was demanding too much?

Maybe he didn't have enuff dough? Or his ex is a bitch who was demanding too much?

So you decide his ex is a bitch when you don't know if the reason for the break up was down to him being a cunt and fucking around or even beating on her  :facepalm what you have is persistently not paying his way to support his kids, you don't get jail if you don't have money, only if you do and don't pay!

• Members

So you decide his ex is a bitch when you don't know if the reason for the break up was down to him being a cunt and fucking around or even beating on her  :facepalm what you have is persistently not paying his way to support his kids, you don't get jail if you don't have money, only if you do and don't pay!

Get off my back man, this is a common problem, didn't Holyfield get trouble for the same thing?? And how do YOU know Sosa is the one to blame? Not saying he isn't but you don't know the situation any better than I do!

sosa got jobbed against the punching postman , but certainly not against jones jr. he was badly outclassed. sosa one of the better dominican fighters i have seen but not saying much

Get off my back man, this is a common problem, didn't Holyfield get trouble for the same thing?? And how do YOU know Sosa is the one to blame? Not saying he isn't but you don't know the situation any better than I do!

Not on your back....I just find it ironic you never even considered he was at fault...kids are permanent...you pay your way!!