Kell Brook: "I've got a lot of respect for Vyacheslav Senchenko"

Mofo2

Sheffield welterweight Kell Brook has said that he respects former WBA champion Vyacheslav Senchenko ahead of their IBF eliminator at the Motorpoint Arena a week on Saturday.

The unbeaten 27-year-old will earn a shot at the winner of Devon Alexander and Shawn Porter if he records his 31st win in him hometown on October 26.

Brook said that he wants to get "revenge" for the British fans who were left disappointed when the 36-year-old Ukrainian ended Ricky Hatton's boxing career once and for all last November.

"I've got a lot of respect for Senchenko, he's a proven champion and ex-world champion," he told Sky Sports News. "He's come over here and he's got a point to prove like he had last time with Ricky Hatton.

"I now want to get revenge for the fans and also for myself. I want to go out there and show why I'm talked about at the elite level."

Paulie Malignaggi inflicted
Senchenko's only defeat in 35 fights at the Donbass Arena in April of last year.