X3 Gloves??

GRIM

Interesting read and words from Gabe 

NEW YORK — Gabriel Rosado doesn’t know enough about Curtis Stevens’ skills to offer an informed prediction prior to Stevens’ WBA middleweight title fight against Gennady Golovkin.

Rosado did offer Stevens some advice.

The middleweight contender from Philadelphia suggested Stevens’ team take as close a look as possible at Golovkin’s gloves next week before they square off Nov. 2 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Rosado has his own 160-pound championship match to worry about, but he wouldn’t want Stevens (25-3, 18 KOs) to walk away from fighting one of boxing’s most dangerous punchers with doubts similar to those Rosado has nine months after Golovkin stopped him.

“He’s a good puncher,” Rosado said of Golovkin before a news conference Wednesday at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill.

“He never really rocked me or anything like that, but he’s a solid puncher. I do believe that his gloves are different than any other fighter that I’ve fought before. I could tell you that right now. We both fought with Grants, but for whatever reason his Grants were missing a little more cushion on the knuckles. And we had a problem with that, and they said that the gloves were approved by the New York State Athletic Commission.”

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promotional representative, expressed disappointment regarding Rosado’s implication that something wasn’t quite right about Golovkin’s gloves that night. Loeffler, managing director for K2 Promotions, told BoxingScene.com Thursday that Kazakhstan’s Golovkin (27-0, 24 KOs) wears custom-made Grant gloves because the company produces gloves of various colors to match his ring attire (white for the Rosado fight).

“Whatever concerns that Gabe had or that the Rosado team had were addressed with the commission,” Loeffler said. “They inspected the gloves and Grant is an approved maker with the New York commission and there was not an issue with the gloves. So from the commission standpoint, that’s the only thing that I remember in that situation.

“But to go even further than that, Gennady has the highest knockout record of any current champion [89 percent] and he hasn’t used Grant [throughout] his entire career. So whether he was using gloves that were made in Europe, when he was fighting in Germany, or a different brand, he was consistently knocking out opponents. And they would consistently say the same thing, that they had never been hit as hard as Gennady hits. So we’re a little bit disappointed that Gabriel would choose to focus on the gloves, as to there might be some advantage Gennady has with his punching power.”

yeah I was reading this earlier , its like not even blaming Team GGG of tampering , its a direct accusation as Grant being corrupt :fpalm 

All the padding around the wrist eh? I see there gloves look the same in that pic  but in person maybe they r smaller .

GRIM have you ever bought gloves made for " smaller hands" I didnt know that was allowed , I thought all gloves covered exact specs only the color changes

and I dont mean comparing brands of gloves , ex. Winning gloves might be more pillow like then Cleto Reyes , I mean like an everlast medium and an everlast LG but both weighing the same ?

GRIM have you ever bought gloves made for " smaller hands" I didnt know that was allowed , I thought all gloves covered exact specs only the color changes

No B I have never heard of that type of thing at all. but keep in mind this is top of the game big dollar fights where the boxer has major funds, I mean they wear custom gloves to match their attire and shit. So the gloves manufacturers make big bank off of the boxers.

I have n ever heard of gloves being made for specific fighters hands dimensions, that would be unfair IMO