Khan in car accident

Mofo2

Amir Khan has been involved in a car accident after he confirmed the news on social networking site Twitter. Khan, who has been touted for a potential bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2014, stated he had to cancel a training session after suffering pain to his neck and back. His promoters Khan Promotions also confirmed the news via the site, indicating the camp had not been seriously injured but were "shook up". According to both, they were waiting at traffic lights when a car hit their vehicle from behind. Khan also confirmed a man had been arrested at the scene.

He was parked up at the lights and a car banged us from behind. He was arrested for being drunk. I cancelled training. Back n neck hurts — Amir Khan (@AmirKingKhan) November 5, 2013

• Members

This guy has started dying on the vine, lol. I think he lost many of his fans already. He's simply been on the slide and acts like he's not. I mean, 2 years ago, would he struggle as much as he did against Diaz?? Think not.