Stevenson Laughs: A Dwarf Knocked Tony Bellew Out

blackrican23

Stevenson Laughs: A Dwarf Knocked Tony Bellew Out!

Posted by: Boxing Clever on 12/1/2013 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

Tony Bellew received an unwanted birthday gift when Adonis Stevenson stopped him in the sixth round in Quebec City in Canada on Saturday night. The Briton, who turned 31 on the day, went down from a left to the jaw, beat the count and then took another left that sent him staggering to the corner.

Stevenson, a Canadian southpaw who was defending his WBC light heavyweight title, kept up the attack until referee Michael Griffin stopped the bout 1 minute 50 seconds into the round. Haiti-born Stevenson improved his professional record to 23-1, including 20 knockouts.

The champion was pleased to have made his point after an ill-tempered build-up to the bout.

"He said I'm a dwarf, and the dwarf knocked him out," Stevenson said. "I told him, when he's going to feel my power, I'm going to drop him out. He was moving a lot, so I just cut the ring, took my time and gave it a good shot."

Bellew’s record fell to 20-2, with one draw and 12 knockouts. His only other defeat was in his only previous title fight, a majority-decision loss to Welshman Nathan Cleverly two years ago.

Stevenson, 36, posted his fourth knockout in four fights this year. That included a one-punch first-round knockout of Chad Dawson in June to take the WBC belt. In September he made his first title defence with a seventh-round stoppage of American Tavoris Cloud.