Carl Froch: I'm Certainly Not Moving Up, No Stevenson

blackrican23

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72476#ixzz2moYrI0ls
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Carl Froch: I'm Certainly Not Moving Up, No Stevenson
Posted by: Edward Chaykovsky on 12/7/2013 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Edward Chaykovsky

IBF/WBA 'regular' super middleweight champion Carl Froch has no interest in moving up to the light heavyweight division to face Adonis Stevenson or any other boxer at the weight. After Stevenson recently knocked out Froch's good friend, Tony Bellew, he called for a showdown with the Nottingham favorite. Froch, who beat Stevenson's countrymen Lucian Bute and Jean Pascal, says there is no possibility of the fight happening, unless Stevenson  moves down. Froch is still focused on trying to land a rematch with the man who dominated him in 2010, super middleweight king Andre Ward.

"Stevenson did very well [with Bellew]. Tony Bellew is a good friend of mine and a great fighter and I'm devastated about the defeat. The relevancy of calling me out, I think, is because at one time he was the mandatory at the IBF, at super middleweight, and then he stepped up to light heavyweight. He's proved to be very good at light heavyweight. Because I boxed Jean Pascal, and Bernard Hopkins boxed Jean Pascal, and I boxed Bute as well- and beat both of them, he was sort of calling us out for the fans. I think that's why he said that," Froch told Sky's Ringside.

"But I don't think he has any plans of coming down to super middleweight and I certainly have no plans of moving up to light heavyweight, but it certainly made for an interesting story for Quebec and Canada. I don't really see that fight. He's found his footing at light heavyweight and he's doing very well. It would be nice to avenge the Andre Ward defeat, if that can be made."

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

haha, why the hate on Froch? The guy has fought a murders row of fighters and has never shied away from fighting the best available opponents out there. Froch doesn't owe us boxing fans anything IMO. I think Froch is getting a little long in the tooth and he def. got a gift stoppage in his most recent fight against Groves (not his fault though). I'd like to see Froch land himself a big money fight and retire so I'd be perfectly fine with Froch fight JCC Jr.

I have to say it, if Froch is considered a coward or a pussy by someone I wonder who they think isn't a coward or a pussy in the sport of boxing (Neil_ must be a real mans man behind his keyboard)? Sounds to me like someone is over emotional about Frochs controversial win against Groves or simply don't like Froch in general. 

Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor, Andre Dirrell, Mikkel Kessler x2, Glen Johnson, Andre Ward, Lucian Bute, Ysaf Mack, George Groves. Far from a string of fights you'd see from a coward or a pussy lol. 

Neil_ You mad  :pms you must have been  :gay  for George Groves. 

This :coffee

Hows it going Naj.....been a while dude :cheah