Carl Frampton has laughed off comments made by Kid Galahad.

Mofo2

British super-bantamweight champion Galahad has slammed ‘The Jackal’ and stated this week that he believes Frampton is avoiding him. Galahad has named mandatory challenger for the European title that Frampton gave up last year.

And now Galahad says Frampton and his team are running scared.

“I just don’t understand why you would give a title up if you think the fight was such an easy fight. Everybody wants to see that fight.

“It’s a 50-50 fight,†said the British champion, real name Barry Awad, who captured the domestic title with a tenth round stoppage of James ‘Jazza’ Dickens in September.

“Personally, I don’t believe Frampton has the confidence to beat me.And I know Barry McGuigan doesn’t.â€

Frampton - who returned to London this weekend to start his training camp for his next outing - was having none of it.

“Barry likes to talk and he thinks he is Prince Naseem, but he is not. Prince Naseem could punch and was a fantastic fighter. Barry is not Prince Nassem.

“I have bigger fights on the horizon and I am looking to fight for a World title in the coming weeks.Why would I want to take a step backward and fight Barry,†he added.

Also Luke Wilton will headline a show in Belfast on March 1. Wilton is still on the trail of another shot at the British Flyweight title. And finally Martin Rogan has called out Sam Sexton and the fight could be made for later this year.