Ricky Burns believes Terence Crawford is more dangerous than Raymundo Beltran

Mofo2

A rematch with Beltran was the champion's choice, but the WBO ordered him to face Crawford, his mandatory challenger, and Burns will instead battle the American on March 1, live on Sky Sports.

Crawford is unbeaten in 22 fights, including a win over Amir Khan's conqueror Breidis Prescott, and Burns feels he could be a class above Beltran.

"It's going to be a very difficult fight for me," he told Sky Sports News.

"He's 22 fights undefeated. Everybody has been saying he's the next big star at lightweight, so just under seven weeks to go now and I'm going to find out myself.

"Training has been going ideal, so whatever happens on the night, I'm going to be prepared for it as always.

"After the last fight, I think everybody knew and I think the right thing to do was give Beltran the rematch, but the WBO, there was no way getting around this. I have to box Terence Crawford or get stripped of my title.

"But I feel this is a much tougher fight for me. Stylistically he's very very good and fingers crossed I can go out there and get the win, but we're expecting a hard nights work."