Stevenson: Kovalev Fight Will Be Part of New HBO Deal

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson had a whirlwind 2013.  He started the year off by avenging his only career loss by stopping Darnell Boone.  He followed that up with three more knockout victories, picking up the WBC strap in the process.

BoxingScene.com recognized his accomplishments by naming him our "Fighter of The Year." The Quebec native said that he is very proud of what he achieved and that he plans on making this year even more successful.

"It feels good. I am proud that BoxingScene gave me this honor.  I worked hard for it.  I appreciate them for recognizing the work I did. I plan to come back and work even harder and have a better 2014."

"This last year was a dream come true. To move up from 168 to 175, and beat Chad Dawson and fight on HBO. I think I showed my boxing skills and the level that I am on.  I trained with Emanuel Steward and then with Sugar Hill and they really helped bring that out of me," Stevenson explained.

The 36-year-old said that he plans on fighting three times in 2014 and that the hard hitting Russian, WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, is part of those plans.

"We talked to HBO and we are working on a three fight deal and Kovalev is part of that.  We have a three fight deal and he is definitely part of that.  Like I said I never had a problem fighting him," Stevenson told BoxingScene.com.

The 36-year-old said that he plans on fighting three times in 2014 and that the hard hitting Russian, WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, is part of those plans.

This will be a good scrap once it is all worked out, I also do not see it going further than 5 rounds tops