Manager stunned after being dumped by Bradley

Mofo2

Cameron Dunkin still is not sure why Timothy Bradley ended their business relationship. But the Las Vegas-based manager said he won’t hold a grudge.

Dunkin, who managed Bradley for the past three years, will be on the outside looking in when Bradley meets Manny Pacquiao on April 12 at the MGM Grand Garden in a rematch of their June 9, 2012, fight that Bradley won with a controversial 12-round split decision.

“He’s a good kid,†Dunkin said. “I’m not bitter at all. But to lose a Tim Bradley hurts, not just financially but personally.â€

Dunkin, who had an undisclosed illness late last year, said he thought he and Bradley were still doing business after Bradley retained his WBO welterweight title on Oct. 12 with a split decision over Juan Manuel Marquez at the Thomas &Mack Center.

“There was nothing to indicate we weren’t still together,†Dunkin said. “He was winning. He was on top. Everything seemed to be fine.â€

But Bradley has a different story. He told si.com that he hadn’t heard from Dunkin after he beat Marquez and decided to let his wife, Monica, take over for Dunkin.

“Cameron is a great manager,†Bradley said. “I can’t say anything bad about him. He cares for his fighters, for the amount of money they are making. Cameron has definitely helped my career in many ways. We did business. We did a lot of great business.

“The fact that I didn’t re-sign is because Cameron didn’t show interest in me after the Marquez fight. He showed no kind of interest. He didn’t call, he didn’t mention the contract was up, he didn’t try to renegotiate. After the Marquez fight, I never heard from him. So I was like, I think I can do this (myself).â€

Dunkin said he reached out to Bradley in November but never heard back.

“I knew something was up,†Dunkin said. “I just wished he had called me instead of sending (Top Rank president) Todd (duBoef) an email saying he was not to negotiate with me. He knows I cared about his well-being, his health and his family. But it’s his choice.â€