Fury: I turned down Price fight because I was offered "chicken feed"

Mofo2

Tyson Fury claims he turned down a fight with David Price because he was offered "chicken feed".

The heavyweights were matched against each in a British title fight in February 2012 but Fury vacated the belt in order to pursue world honours.

Fury will face Dereck Chisora on July 26 in Manchester in an official WBO world title eliminator and the pair exchanged barbs at a press conference this afternoon.

Chisora questioned Fury's bottle and asked why he turned down a clash with Liverpool's Price two years ago.

Fury says the offer tabled by Price's former promoter Frank Maloney did not match his expectations.

In response to Chisora, Fury said: "Because this is business.

"It isn't anything else. The money being offered for David Price (wasn't enough).

Scouse heavyweight David Price

"I did see it as a super-fight and I was leaving it until a later date when the money was proper.

"I didn't want to get chicken feed. I told his promoter (Frank Maloney) that if he wanted to pay chicken feed then he best go and get some chickens.

"It is all about earning money and being successful. I'm not in this job to get punched in the face and be a hero."

Didn't they call him out and offer him something like £100k after the Harrison fight which led to Fury's very funny outburst on channel 5

There was a good offer made by Prices team that Fury found unacceptable, however he wouldn't go to purse bids as he refused to accept even the possibility of the fight and that was what is bullshit from Fury.

The issue here was that he was in the middle of a channel 5 contract and Price was with Sky so the money available was only gonna come from Prices side, it was embarrassing that he dropped 2 titles other than risk losing out on a purse bid because he was tied to channel 5!!