Erik Morales Reveals That Hand Injury May End Career

blackrican23

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75908

Former four division world champion Erik Morales was scheduled to return to action tonight against Jorge Paez Jr., but he withdrew a few week ago with a severe right hand injury. Morales, 37, was going to make 2014 his final year in the sport and planned to have two farewell fights. But the injury to his right hand is more serious than he previously thought. His doctor has advised him that he needs to rest the hand for at least two months, and then Morales will find out if he's capable of recovering in time to have a fight this year.

"When I bend it, or apply force or hit something - it hurts. I can possibly all of my other training activities except striking. The orthopedic surgeon asked me not to hit anything. It swelled up again, and then came another problem in the wrist. It was sorted out but I was told to rest," Morales said.

"For now I have to wait for my hand to get rehabilitated and then we will have some tests when the two months have passed and I hope not to have any problems, but right now it's something that we do not know [if I'll fight again]."

• WBF OG

illiterate indian needs to admit barrera beat him the first time they fought, then maybe he'd get some respect from real fight fans.