Enzo Mac: I will take that belt of Braehmer

Mofo2

Next weekend, former World cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli (38-6) will be hoping to turn back the clock when he challenges Juergen Braehmer (42-2) for the WBA light heavyweight title in Rostock, Germany. Maccarinelli, 33, told Kugan Cassius:

"Everybody wrote me off a couple of years ago. To be honest, I probably wrote myself off. I had a few problems, slowly pulled myself together, got offered the chance, and I will take that belt off him."

"No excuses. I made decisions to fight and I shouldn't have. I had a bad couple of years. I lost my Dad. My kid was diagnosed with autism. My head was screwed. But I've got this opportunity, and I'll give it my best shot."

Talking of his preparation, Enzo said: "I'm not going to lie to you, I've had a few niggles, which every camp does. Could it have gone better? Yes. Could it have gone worse? A lot worse, so all you need to know is I'm fit and I'm very strong.

Speaking of his opponent Braehmer, Maccarinelli said: "If you watch him, his style hasn't changed from his first professional fight. He's up on his toes, using the long southpaw jab. He's a good technician, if you give him time."