Groves accuses Froch of being 'a little lost lamb'

Mofo2

George Groves has told talkSPORT that IBF and WBA super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has "gone into his shell" ahead of their eagerly anticipated rematch on May 31 and that he looked like a "little lost lamb" in their encounter.

There has been bad blood between the pair ever since Groves was controversially denied victory against 'The Cobra' in their November fight by referee Howard Foster.

That decision prompted the IBF to order a rematch which will take place at Wembley Stadium next month where the belts will be on the line again.

And 'Saint George' says that Froch's inability to engage with him in the press build up to the fight indicates he is running scared.

"I think he's in for a torrid time, I think he's in trouble. I think he's preparing for a fight he can't possibly win," he told Drivetime.

"I think he knows now, if he didn't know before, that he has absolutely no chance of winning this fight. He can't make eye contact with me at the press conference, he can't do these fundamental easy things that are now an everyday thing in professional boxing.

"Every fight you do a face-to-face. It 's for the cameras and it doesn't need much. The fact is that the man can't look me in the eye, he can't engage. The first time round for the first fight he gave me an earful when we did the face-to-face, this time round he can't even look at me. I think that's fascinating.

"He's gone into his shell. This time around he doesn't want to engage at all but unfortunately for him it's pay-per-view so he's contractually obliged to show up at press conferences and be in contact with me in the build up to this fight.

"He doesn't want any part of that. But he should want that, he should try and get as comfortable around me as possible because come fight night he can get in the ring with all his brothers and cousins and trainers and entourage like he did last time but they all get out the ring before the first bell.

"He looked like a little lost lamb standing in the corner last time when the first bell went and he was lost from that point onwards. This time around I hope he's got a bit more about him and actually shows up for the fight."