Mayweather on Maidana

Mofo2

“My opponent is tough,†Mayweather said about Maidana. “That boy is a tough opponent. I’m just mad what he did to Adrien Broner. I’m upset, but I’ve got to stay focused. You got to fight your way [to the top rather than talk]. Adrien Broner got out-hustled by Marcos Maidana. You can’t take nothing for granted.â€

Floyd Mayweather Sr. said this about Broner: “He wants to talk his way to the top, but he can’t do it.â€

Mayweather Jr. plans on trying to avenge Broner’s loss to Maidana by going out and schooling the Argentinian fighter for 12 rounds on May 3rd in their fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight will be televised by Showtime, and it’s expected to draw over 1 million pay-per-view buys on the first showing on the night of the fight. Many more boxing fans will likely see it a week later when it’s televised on regular Showtime.

Broner will be fighting on the undercard of Mayweather-Maidana against Carlos Molina in tune-up fight to give Broner a shot of confidence before he starts taking on the best fighters in the light welterweight division.

Broner potentially could have been as good, his mistake was that he believed his own hype before he fully honed his skills!!!

• WBF OG

Broner potentially could have been as good, his mistake was that he believed his own hype before he fully honed his skills!!!

as good as who? morrison?  :facepalm  :facepalm

as good as who? morrison?  :facepalm  :facepalm

Before Maidana he was 26-0 with 22 ko's and was a World Champion who had held belts at Super feather and Lightweight-the potential at that point was definitely there for him to push on!!

jumping divisions the way he did was a dumb move, he should still be fighting at lightweight right now (or maybe 140). but still even if he stayed at lightweight & never got the ass kicking from Maidana, i dont think he could have reached floyd mayweather or andre ward status, the guy is good at throwing punches like floyd but he aint the full package.

I can agree with that mostly - I realise that no-one is going to achieve the levels of Floyd, my point was that had he progressed in the right way and not let himself get swept along with the self made hype that the potential for him to become a multiple world champion was there, he could have gotten himself to the level of Floyd in my opinion for sure, he has all the tools and he was being guided by the best!!