Gavin Rees and Chris Eubank Jnr in war of words after jibe over world title prospects

Mofo2

Former world champion Gavin Rees has torn into Chris Eubank Jnr, claiming the son of ring legend Chris Eubank will never be good enough to win a major belt.

Eubank Jnr improved his perfect record to 15-0 with a stoppage win over middleweight Robert Swierzbinski on Saturday.

But Rees, who won the WBA light-welterweight title in 2007, took to Twitter on Monday to slam the 24-year-old, saying: ‘From what I've seen Eubank Jr ain’t never gonna be a world champ and defo needs bringing down a peg or two.’

It sparked an angry response from Eubank Jnr, who wrote: 'Ive never heard of you. You follow me on Twitter and watch my fights so I cant be doing too bad, think I'll stay right at the peg I'm at.’

Rees, 34, will bring the curtain down on his impressive career on Saturday after his rematch against Gary Buckland in Cardiff.