Ariza canned again

blackrican23

Garcia Drops Ariza: He Won't Be With None of My Fighters

The union between strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, and trainer Robert Garcia's gym in Oxnard, California - was short lived.

For seven years, Ariza had worked at Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, and was often seen in the corner of Manny Pacquiao and other Roach trained fighters. Ariza was fired last year by Roach and the two had a bad falling out.

Afterwards he was hired by Garcia and started working with Marcos Maidana, Brandon Rios and Mikey Garcia.

Tension between both gyms exploded last year in Macau, when Rios challenged Pacquiao. A confrontation between both camps at a local gym resulted in Ariza pushing Roach back with a front-kick to the chest.

Garcia did not explain any of the specifics which led to the parting of ways.

"This time we are not going to work with Alex Ariza. We decided that Alex Ariza is not going to work with Brandon or Mikey or Maidana - none of my fighters. He's a great at what he does. When I brought Alex here, the first thing I said is that we have the best team in the world, that nobody could beat us - because we did have the best team in the world. Little differences that happened. There is no need to go over [them]. But, yeah, he is no longer going to be in my camp with none of my fighters," Garcia explained to Elie Seckbach of ES News.

"Thomas Dulorme just showed up today and we talked about it. He's here to stay with us, with my team, but I told him that I'm no longer working with Alex and he's okay with that. I told him to believe in my work, let me do my work and I will give you good results."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boxingscene.com%2Fgarcia-drops-ariza-he-with-none-my-fighters--79039