Who wins Terence Crawford-Yuriorkis Gamboa?

blackrican23

crawford-gamboa-635.jpg

Their records are identical at 23-0 with 16 knockouts although the 32-year-old Yuriorkis Gamboa stands nearly three inches shorter than the nearly 5-foot-8 WBO lightweight titleholder Terence Crawford, 26, coming in at 5-5-and-a-half.

Gamboa will be ending a one-year-plus ring absence by facing the switch-hitting Crawford in the latter's home town of Omaha, Neb., at the CenturyLink Center.

"Good fight, excellent match-up," states Rich Marotta of KFI Radio, Los Angeles. "Love the site. Exact same undefeated record, how often do you get that?"

Crawford was last in the ring for a dominant title-winning decision over Ricky Burns in Glasgow, Scotland in March while Gamboa's most recent bout was a unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Darleys Perez on June 8, 2013.

"It's a fight between who we know and who we don't. Yuriorkis Gamboa is a mystery, MIA at a time when his career should be moving into its prime. The two-time beltholder hasn't fought in a year," states Norm Frauenheim of THE RING magazine and www.15rounds.com.

"He fought once in 2013, once in 2012 and twice in 2011…Suddenly, he reappears against Terence Crawford? If Gamboa is trying to make up for lost time, he's rushing into trouble, especially in Crawford's hometown, Omaha, where on Saturday night, he figures to be as popular as Warren Buffett."

Crawford-Gamboa represents the first title fight in Omaha since heavyweight champion Joe Frazier beat Ron Stander by fifth round knockout in 1972 and Crawford is the state's first titleholder since Perry “Kid†Graves from won the vacant welterweight crown in 1914.

"I have Terence Crawford as one of the most live underdogs of the year and I really think he's in this fight all the way to the end," states John Scully, former trainer of ex-light heavyweight titleholder Chad Dawson. "I wouldn't feel comfortable risking money on the outcome. I think Crawford will force Gamboa to dig a little deeper than he's had to before."

RingTV.com asked 25 boxing insiders what they felt would transpire in Crawford-Gamboa, with the results as follows.

Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Norm Frauenheim, THE RING magazine, www.15rounds.com-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Jeffrey Freeman, www.KODigest.TV-Terence Crawford MD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Tom Gray, RingTV.com-Terence Crawford TKO 11 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

Lee Groves, RingTV.com-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Andreas Hale, KnockoutNation.com-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

Keith Idec, The Record/BoxingScene.com-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Ryan Maquinana, CSNBAYAREA/BoxingScene.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Rich Marotta, KFI Radio, Los Angeles-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Diego Morilla, XN Sports-Terence Crawford UD 12  Yuriorkis Gamboa

Jack Obermayer, Fight Fax Inc.-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:  

John J. Raspanti, Doghouseboxing.com/KO Monthly Magazine/examiner.com-Yuriokis Gamboa W 12 Terence 

Matt Richardson, BoxingScene.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

Chris Robinson, Hustleboss.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com-Yuriorkis Gamboa KO Terence Crawford:

Michael Rosenthal, THE RING Magazine-Yuriorkis Gamboa UD 12 Terence Crawford:

Rod Salka, August 9 title challenger to RING 140-pound champion Danny Garcia-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

Abel Sanchez, trainer -Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

Joseph Santoliquito/THE RING Magazine/RingTV.com/CBS Sports-Terence Crawford KO 10 Yuriorkis Gamboa

John Scully, trainer-Yuriorkis Gamboa W 12 Terence Crawford:

Ryan Songalia, RingTV.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Bradley Starks, guest/fan, -Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Rob Soucy, BoxingTalk.com-Terence Crawford SD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Dominic Verdin, RingTV.com-Terence Crawford W 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa: 

Charles Villa, guest/fan-Terence Crawford UD 12 Yuriorkis Gamboa:

By a landslide, 21-to-4, the insiders favor Terence Crawford to successfully defend his WBO lightweight title against Yuriorkis Gamboa.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/345007-who-wins-terence-crawford-yuriorkis-gamboa

btw 

These insiders  picked Gary Russell Jr. to win the WBO's vacant featherweight title over Vasyl Lomachenko 13 to 6. last week  :coffee

• WBF OG

i favor crawford but if gamboa was 3 to 1 or better he's definitely worth a wager. crawford is skilled, waaay more technically sound and bigger but has fought no one

Im edging for Crawford but I wouldnt rule out Gamboa, the only thing I would say is that his rep seems to have magnified because of a win against a poor Ricky Burns....so it could be a tough night for his fans!!

Nice fight Crawford kept composed, Gamby maybe should have fought in his old style "Hands down?" He started getting wreckless and jumping into shit. Good entertaining fight though :tup 

People said the same of Maidana.

Neal even said floyd would Tko Marcos & look how that turned out.

Crawfords also a big lightweight..same height as floyd & gains alot of weight after the weigh inns

Time will tell I guess!!