JAMES DEGALE SAYS WITH OR WITHOUT CARL FROCH, HE'S FIGHTING FOR THE IBF SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE

Mofo2

"My next fight is for the IBF title, whether it's Carl Froch or he vacates," stated super middleweight contender James DeGale, who made it crystal clear that with or without unified WBA & IBF champion Carl Froch, his next fight will have the IBF super middleweight title at stake. DeGale became the IBF's mandatory challenger after stopping the previously undefeated Brandon Gonzales in the 4th round of a title eliminator this past May. Though the victory earned him an immediate shot at the reigning champion, Carl Froch would rather secure a mega-fight with former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

"Whatever! If it's Froch, it will be in November. If it is a vacant title, it's in October. Eddie [Hearn] is confident Carl will fight me," DeGale continued, explaining that if Froch decides to bypass him in favor of a different bout, he'll be forced to vacate the title regardless. Either way, DeGale is confident that come November, he has a great opportunity to fulfill his ambition to become a world champion. "His feet are all over the place. He is slow. He leaves his hands very low," DeGale added. "I know it's a big shot, but me switched on with a good 12-week camp, it is an easy fight."