WBA/WBO champion Rigondeaux vows more aggression; calls out WBC and IBF champs

blackrican23

Undefeated unified junior featherweight world champion and Cuban sensation Guillermo “El Chacal†Rigondeaux (13-0, 8 KOs), of Miami, Florida, has promised to provide “a lot of fireworks†when he defends his titles against Top-Five contender and two-time world title challenger Sod Looknongyantoy (63-2-1, 27 KOs), of Srithep, Thailand, on Saturday at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena. Rigondeaux will need them if he is to derail the “Looknongyantoy Express,†who enters this fight riding a nine-year, 37-bout unbeaten streak.

Guillermo Rigondeaux: â€œI intend to give UniMás and its boxing audience a great show. I plan to be more aggressive to be more impressive. But let me make this clear, I have been a world champion and an Olympic gold medalist for one reason – I do not make mistakes in the ring. I fight my fight, not my opponents’ fights. In baseball, great hitters do not swing at bad pitches.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbawbo-champion-rigondeaux-vows-more-aggression-calls-out-wbc-and-ibf-champs-253026

• WBF OG

maybe Cubans are starting to see the light.....only their families and joshyB love that defensive shit.

aggression is needed.

a guy that uses just his legs as his defense isnt slick sorry.

say what you want about Rigondeaux but he doesnt run like Lara does. He can slip , roll, catch shots  use his feet in angles more then just retreat and circle, gets lower then shots Pea Whittaker style , I like that stuff

all this cuban school nonsense , Gamboa , Rigondeaux , Lara ,  all fight nothing alike. My biggest gripe against Rigo is Neil thinking he walks on water